Academy Lavochkin La-7 1/48

Good evening, I hope everyone is doing well!

I thought i'd upload a few photos of a build I completed a couple of months ago which is the 1/48 Academy La- 7. I really have nothing bad to say about this kit; I picked it up for about £10 including postage back last year and had it sat around whilst I built a few other kits but decided to give it a go. Before I bought it, I didn't bother looking at any reviews or buy any aftermarket parts as all I really wanted was a nice little kit to build over a weekend and knowing the cockpit would be closed, its pretty difficult to see any if I had used them.

It went together really well, even thought being basic it was a good break from the more fiddly kits I had been doing at the time so focused on getting the painting how I wanted it with the tail stripes and masking up for the bare metal. The decals were a tad thin as you can probably notice but nothing too problematic. I think this may have been the last kit I built before I started taking more time on post weathering and with the excemption of trying to make the aircraft colours a bit mottled and well used for the enviroment it would have been in, im pretty sure I just gave it a dark brown enamel wash and oil stains. (With my idea of this just being a weekend build I did not notice the finger print in the exhaust stains).

My main reason for uploading this is due to a new lighting and background setup im trying for photographing my models, I decided to buy a set of two softlights which came with a black 2mx 3m backing, my girlfriend is digging up her DSLR camera for me to use aswell for me with my builds getting more regular I thought I would try to improve my photography skills. For now, the photos are on my phone but I've spent hours setting the lights up on my desk, putting the backing up and cleaning my bench so wanted to show it off a bit I guess haha.

Anyway, this is only the second Soviet kit i've built and its made a nice edition to my shelf. I'm pretty happy with the result, if you haven't had a go at this kit, its well worth it, I enjoyed every aspect of the kits build up.

Hope you enjoy,

Ryan :)

20200811_200436

20200811_200241 20200811_200204

20200811_200154 20200811_200120

20200811_200004 20200811_200018

• Like 20

16 hours ago, luftmodels said:

Very clean and nicely done. I like the chipping in wing roots, look very convincing. How did you achieve it?

Thanks, off the top of my head I think it was masking fluid 

• Like 1