REVELL 1:48 Memphis Belle B17 and Meat Hound

Col Walter E Kurtz

I've been thinking about doing a Revell B17 in a larger scale. The Memphis Belle kit seems ok  .. I'm happy to not have all the interior detail    Which though would be great to scratch build is going to be hidden this time, and for the money it's not a bad value kit. The kit comes with an alternative to build a ship called " Meat Hound". I've seen some stuff about this kit not being accurate enough to represent the Belle. I like to be different and would go for the alternative here.. as it has an amazing story behind it. Meat Hound was attacked by German fighters and all crew except the pilot jumped over Holland. the pilot made it back to England and crash landed at RAF Metfield in Suffolk. Now this is an airfield I often cycle to .. .. so the die Is almost cast ... so to speak. 

Ive done a search i n the forums but don't seem to find anyone who has done this kit as Meat Hound before..  £30 is a small amount to have a go at a 1:48 scale heavy I think. Anyone like me to do a kit review and then work in Progress to RFI if I buy this?

Edited by Col Walter E Kurtz