Jump to content

Mach2 1/72 Vickers Viscount at Jersey Airport.


Recommended Posts

This is a beautiful diorama. I love it. To finish a Mach2 nightmare: Big respect, you fought the beast down to be finished!

For my X-13 Vertijet i needed 10 hours per centimeter model. Did you also like to feel the pain vanish?

Cheers,

Tom

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Moa said:

You tamed that kit! Congratulations! That on itself deserves praise, but you also placed it in a gorgeous scene, lively and with an aura of nostalgia, giving it historical context.

Excellent job.

Thanks for posting.

 

Thanks Moa very kind of you indeed..

 

1 hour ago, replicant said:

This is a beautiful diorama. I love it. To finish a Mach2 nightmare: Big respect, you fought the beast down to be finished!

For my X-13 Vertijet i needed 10 hours per centimeter model. Did you also like to feel the pain vanish?

Cheers,

Tom

Thanks Tom. God the last week has been a battle. Put it yesterday on the shelf & thought look OK provided you doe not look to closely.

 

Yes the paint literally did go..

 

Laurie

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Ray S said:

@LaurieS, What a cracking result with this kit. You have captured it incredibly well, and the setting you have put it in is really inspired.

 

Top work!

 

Ray

Thanks Ray much appreciated indeed. Laurie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Vince1159 said:

She's a beauty Laurie,although if i could sound like Brian Blessed for a sec'  "Jersey,JERSEEEEY"!...

Hi Vince very nice to hear from you hope all is OK there. Channel Isles are doing well.

Laurie

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The backround looks great with it, like the mix of photos and the dio. I have one to yet to be built and hear not much good about this kit. Much respect. How was the kits palstic? Mine seems almost like a resin.  Tape wouldn't stick so I washed it once real good, but might wash it once more.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

The backround looks great with it, like the mix of photos and the dio. I have one to yet to be built and hear not much good about this kit. Much respect. How was the kits palstic? Mine seems almost like a resin.  Tape wouldn't stick so I washed it once real good, but might wash it once more.

Well do not be put off but you need to have been model making a while. It is a strange plastic softer than nor. also found when painting patches of pin hole pricks in clusters.

 

Providing you prime no such problems with tape.  The instructions are just 5 pictures on an A4 sheet. I had a number of pieces left over where they were supposed to go who knows. However do not be detered,

 

Laurie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, John R said:

As a Mach 2 survivor/veteran I salute you. Lovely job

Thanks now a veteran recuperating 🤪

 

2 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Congratulations Laurie, you have conquered the beastie, great work fella and what a cracking setting too.  Looks absolutely stunning. Enjoyed your WIP.

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris. Alos thanks for your following much appreciated. Been a pleasure.

 

Laurie

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, LaurieS said:

Thanks now a veteran recuperating 🤪

 

Thanks Chris. Alos thanks for your following much appreciated. Been a pleasure.

 

Laurie

No thank you Laurie, it made me dig the kit out of the depths of the stash and is now sitting close at hand, so who knows I may well one day soon start it, but no promises you understand.  

All the best

Chris

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Laurie, 

 

Kudos for finishing a kit from one of the most challenging French manufacturers! The trickiest kits are sent exclusively to the UK!

The Viscount was always my favorite airplane to fly in, mostly due to her huge windows! It was always BA Viscounts between the Shetlands and Aberdeen, and sometimes on to London.

But there is a huge chasm between loving the plane and building a Mach 2 kit ...

 

Congratulations for a stunning build set in a most realistic setting.

 

JR

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Laurie, 

 

Kudos for finishing a kit from one of the most challenging French manufacturers! The trickiest kits are sent exclusively to the UK!

The Viscount was always my favorite airplane to fly in, mostly due to her huge windows! It was always BA Viscounts between the Shetlands and Aberdeen, and sometimes on to London.

But there is a huge chasm between loving the plane and building a Mach 2 kit ...

 

Congratulations for a stunning build set in a most realistic setting.

 

JR

Thanks Jean. Yes traveled in her many times. very comfortable & very handsome aircraft.

 

Aberdeen to Shetlands. Hits the family history. My very dear old paternal grandfather was a Shetlander.

 

Laurie

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, mitchem said:

Well done Laurie. You’re a braver man than I’ll ever be! :thumbsup2::thumbsup2:

 

mike

Well Mike if i can do it all reasonable model makers can. My case I just needed it for my diorama.

 

Kept hearing oh no Mach2 when I had announce I had bought it. That set my determination. 😂

 

Laurie

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations, magnificent build! Seeing it next to the Heron reminds you why Mach 2 kits are tempting, they're big! 

 

You say never again, well, I can advise that the second Mach 2 is like falling off the wagon, you convince yourself you know what you're doing, going in with your eyes open etc..then before you know it, you're hair's full of P38 filler and you haven't seen your family in 3 days.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...