1/72 Dassault MD.454 Mystère IV , Indian Air Force, Azure

Hi,

the Mystere IV is really an iconic plane. I don't know much about its service in the Indian air Force, but the paint scheme looks really top class.

Beautiful build!

JR

• Thanks 1

A Mystère IVA, what's not to like?  Unusual to see it modelled in an Indian scheme, very nice and interesting!

A good result and well done!

Ideal subject for the proposed French Fancy 2 GB (just sayin' right :whistle:)

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Doc72 said:

Nice! Not something we see here very often.

Can you tell us something about the kit?

spacer.png

Doc72 This Azur kit is one of the better kits available for a Mystère IVA, but discussions with the experts on our group revealed there was some room for improvements and some details not being there on the kit and some specific to the Indian Air Force Mystere.  The absence of the NACA vents was one of them that took a bit of work. and the resin seat which came with the kit was discarded and had to scratch build the SNCASO seat. Also the intake and the light took a lot of effort as parts of it had to be scratch built, puttied and sanded carefully. The Kit decals also were found inaccurate as far as the colors went, so I had to hand paint over then and the red on the cheat line was masked and spray painted 

Edited by ride to live
  • Thanks 1

Very nice job. Matchbox also issued a 1/72 Mystere IVA with Indian Air Force decals.  I have one in my stash to build. Would be interested to hear someone's comparison between that and the Azur kit?

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AMB said:

Very nice job. Matchbox also issued a 1/72 Mystere IVA with Indian Air Force decals.  I have one in my stash to build. Would be interested to hear someone's comparison between that and the Azur kit?

Hi

Is it a rebox of their old kit , I have built that too. that is a very old kit and it shows in the details. can u share a pic of the box and sprue. 

• Thanks 1