1/48 MiG-21MF, East German Air Force, Eduard

I have built a number of Eduard 1/48 MiG-21, and to me they are among the best kits that I have ever build. Here is a MF of the last months of the DDR.

spacer.png

I used Eduard photoetch, and a Master pitot tube.

spacer.png

The only bad thing about this kit is the decals. The stencils are in wrong colour (they were black, not blue), and most of them were replaced. The roundel yellow is too bright, although I used the roundels anyway. I also replaced the numbers.

spacer.png

Finding the right colour beside the dark green was a mission impossible. Pictures of this very aircraft show any colour betwen dark brown and light green. I decided to use the color as it looks like on this aircraft preserved at the aviation museum in Oberschliessheim.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Not too much weathering, these MiGs seemed to be rather well-preserved. 

spacer.png

Here together wit another Eduard East German MiG-21, a PF, that I built a few years ago. As you can see, East Germany used lots of different variants of the green/brown camouflage. 

spacer.png

Thanks for watching! More East German MiGs will follow... :) 

• Like 54

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

Very nice!

You could weather the roundels a bit so that they'd loose their brightness... what was wrong with the numbers?

Thanks! In fact, the roundels are weathered, the effect is lost a bit on the photos, the contrast has made it disappear a little. The numbers were too bright and had a little semi-transparent outline.

• Like 1

Very nice and excellent attention to detail with these Fishbeds.  I like the amount of weathering. Not too much but certainly never factory fresh. Perfect!!!!  :goodjob:

Mike

• Like 1