Arado 196

Picked this kit up about three years ago in a New year sale at my local (only) toy & hobby shop. This is the Italeri 1:48 Arado 196 as re-boxed by Tamiya, it's not a bad kit - surprisingly big tho' - similar in size to a Stuka or a P-47. I built it with no extras, just straight from the box and really enjoyed it. Details in the (very visible) cockpit are a little light and some details are a little 'chunky' but IMHO that's a small price to pay for having something just that little bit different in your cabinet.

Paints are all acrylic, I didn't have any RLM 72 & 73 for the camo, so went and looked at what others have done for the Fw200's etc and mixed-up a couple of tones that looked OK'ish. The purists out there (but probably not here on Britmodeller) may disapprove, but I can live with it  .

Please feel free to make any comment or criticism or suggestion. Next will be a return to a stalled (jet) project - have a great week all.

rt1JZSC.jpg

ZzWOCZZ.jpg

9ZazOgJ.jpg

ltbGVMW.jpg

YQgTEtX.jpg

8ztR2u9.jpg

X8ArjLS.jpg

owFGB9I.jpg

dJzpTvB.jpg

OFJcKgq.jpg

pqJxyEN.jpg

Best from New Zealand.

Ian.

• Like 41

Hi Ian, that is a good looking bird. The colours look pretty convincing too. A bit big for me but one I've a couple of in stock in 1/72, plus the remains of one I built over half a century ago. Even then they appealed to me, your's hasn't changed that at all.

Steve.

• Thanks 1