Revell 1/72 EC-135 "Air Glaciers"

A bit of rotten luck with he loose window.  Is it worth trying to carefully apply some canopy glue to the loose joint and gently pulling the window back with some blue tack?

AW

• Like 1

Thank you for the suggestion. Yes, I've been thinking about similar lines, blutack is an idea. I'll be considering it further over the family bbq we have organised for today - going to be a bit chilly, autumn has arrived early here!

• Like 1

Well, I'm calling this one done.

I'm not altogether happy with it. The kit is on the whole not a bad one, the weak point is the transparencies which are not very clear and a poor fit. Even so, I could have done a better job if I had stayed with my original plan. If I were to do this again I would do it in a different order:

1. Paint fuselage halves, engine cover and tail boom halves yellow.

2. Stick fuselage halves and engine cover together with tape, mask the yellow and spray the red.

3. Take everything apart again, then brush paint the insides

4. Insert the side windows and glue the interior

5. Only then glue the fuselage halves together, followed by the main canopy and front corner windows.

I think it would give a neater result than what I did, mask the transparencies before gluing them.

Anyway, it is what it is, and from a distance it is still a cute and colourful little helicopter!

IMG-20200902-171104.jpg

IMG-20200902-171228.jpg

IMG-20200902-171301.jpg

IMG-20200902-171045.jpg

• Like 10

It looks great to me! fantastic colours.

I built the BK-117 kit which is a similar helicopter and I think maybe a similar Matchbox heritage? It wasn't easy either with the windows. 

this looks really good and it's always refreshing to see a civilian helo in bright colours after so many military ones.

well done!

• Thanks 1