Lights & airport bits & pieces etc

LaurieS

Building a Jersey (Channel Isles)  Airport diorama in 1/72 with about 8 airliners etc. after all the paraphernalia that goes with the apron.

Been totally unsuccessful to date. Also boarding staircase.  The thing they wheel to the aircraft.

Any help will be much appreciated.😄

Laurie

• Like 1

the Airfix Heron has a small wheeled boarding steps,and the kit has Jersey Airline livery. For period vehicles Oxford die cast are excellent.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Muddyf said:

Depending on period you are aiming for, some of the OO/HO gauge paraphernalia may work.

For example: Luggage and sack trucks (if 1940-1960 period) 

https://peco-uk.com/products/luggage-trolleys-and-sack-trucks

Thanks Muddy period is just that 1950/60. Just going to look 😋

3 hours ago, LaurieS said:

Thanks that man much appreciated. On figures I obtained dapol platform figures. C008

For 1/72 (00) the detail is incredible.

Thanks again Laurie

No worries the Dapol figures are the old Airfix ones of course 🙂

I agree Oxford vehicles are perfect with a bit of weathering 👍

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

No worries the Dapol figures are the old Airfix ones of course 🙂

I agree Oxford vehicles are perfect with a bit of weathering 👍

Are they really darned good. Very minute detail. Easy to paint up.

Doing just that to a few Oxford vehicles. Rubbing down the gloss (shamea) Got a couple of Fina fuel tankers plus a lot of mini coaches,Also a tractor trailer flat bed & motor.

I have 8 airliners on my diorama (2 down 6 to go). Just need to fill in detail which makes it a little more authentic.

Laurie

Edited by LaurieS

26 minutes ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Unless you’re repainting you don’t need to rub them down just mask and hit them with some Matt or semi Matt varnish and give them a dark wash. Voila!

Thanks. Just like to relieve them of just a fraction of paint & varie the finish.

Edited by LaurieS
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mancunian airman said:

Any photos of the layout  Laurie ? 

Give us an impression of size and how it looks ??

What type of terminal or ancillarylary buildings ?

Sounds like a wonderful project  . . ,. ,

Thanks for the interest much appreciated.

Only part finished. There will be 8 airliners or little go between the Islands aircraft. Two finished to date

Just finished the Vicount Vickers which I will post probably today. Will include a plan layout (flexible) which gives an overall view.

I have a backdrop of the Jersey Airport building as it was in the 50s 60s. all aircraft will be of that vintage. All goes on a shelf 2300mm(7' 6")long * 480mm (19") wide. 1/72

Already have similar diorama for all the British equipment used in Afghanistan 1/48. Another 80% finished (Jersey Airport interfered) of the Falklands Conflict 1/48.

What I do like is that you build & enjoy kits you would not ever have thought of to make the diorama. Includes a lot of vintage stuff. Also for instance scratch building from 2 Military Snatch Landrovers & producing a series 2 & 3  Landrovers.

Laurie

• Like 1