1/72 Trumpeter Gannet. Indonesian Navy

Hello all. Just finished this Gannet build over in the work in progress area.

A really interesting and rewarding project that generated lots of amazing posts about Indonesian Gannets from some very knowledgeable folks out there and best of all some footage of the aircraft on a sortie. (Well worth a look at the home footage!) Thanks everyone who followed the build. 

So, here's the finished article hot from the shed for your perusal, hope you like it.

Cheers

Pete

After market resin wing fold set.   spacer.png

spacer.png Home made decals.

spacer.png

spacer.png  Bomb bay from resin insert

spacer.png You can just make out the cockpit detail. Honest spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

On to the next Project😃.

• Like 51

Beautiful work on a very interesting airplane. I don't know of any other airplane that has wings that fold that way.

• Thanks 1

I don't remember Angkatan Laut's Gannet to look this good. Last time I saw one on military museum at Jakarta it was pretty dull. Really fantastic work on a plane that not much people here realize we once owned.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tyas said:

I don't remember Angkatan Laut's Gannet to look this good. Last time I saw one on military museum at Jakarta it was pretty dull. Really fantastic work on a plane that not much people here realize we once owned

Many thanks Tyas. Agreed, the Indonesian forces have used many different types not widely known about, quite an eclectic mix! (the models finish is based on pre delivery scrub up😁.)

Cheers

Pete

On 09/08/2020 at 22:05, 71chally said:

Superb work Pete, all that hard work has paid off in spades.

Excellent stuff!

Outsanding Red Team!... get your case of Beer for that one.. Superb bild. And i love the Gannet .. looks like i could never fly ! but clearly was able to! 

• Thanks 1