1/32 Trumpeter Su-27B

horrido109

Hello fellow modellers,

I want to acquire the 1/32 Trumpeter Su-27B single seater for a build I want to do. However, I am aware of most of the errors (intakes etc.) on the kit that were corrected on later two seat versions released by Trumpeter.  Can anybody here tell me if Trumpeter actually released the single seater with the corrected parts at any stage.

It makes sense that, given the fact that they made new molds, these parts could have been included in later boxings of the single seater. If so, how would I know if it has (kit number maybe?).

Thank you in advance

Regards

Victor

• Like 1

What? The Chinese copying other peoples's work / intellectual property? Can't be.. Never happened before 😜

Jokes aside, a friend of mine has the Zactoman's stuff and compared to the "new" Trumpeter parts I can understand his frustration. Problem is Trumpeter should have done it correct from the start. 

30 minutes ago, horrido109 said:

What? The Chinese copying other peoples's work / intellectual property? Can't be.. Never happened before 😜

Jokes aside, a friend of mine has the Zactoman's stuff and compared to the "new" Trumpeter parts I can understand his frustration. Problem is Trumpeter should have done it correct from the start. 

my 2, unessential cents to this topic:

I also fully understand, at least they should have asked, better compensated first...

then... I think it is the first and only time that Trumpeter/ Hobbyboss actually corrected/ improved on of their kits and still they get attacked for it...

I fear Trumpeter would win this hypothetical case in court, for being first only "inspired" and than second in different material.... they do not advertise with this Zactomodels feature either... a thin line of course where the small guy is the looser.....I do hope that at least for some time Zactomodels business case worked for him...

• 5 weeks later...

I know this has been answered but I'm thinking if you do buy the 1/32 Su-27B from Trumpeter you'll probably have the correct shape now as when i got and built the kit must have been 12 or so years ago it had all the errors and I used evergreen to correct what I could the most obvious being the intakes. However around that time Trumpeter got a lot of flak from modellers for the shape errors on the kit considering the cost and I believe back then they had taken on board the criticism and either re-tooled the kit or had corrected parts available but I recall hearing back then that the kit was being corrected, I can't verify this it's just what I read online and I've not bought one since but I believe they did take feedback on board from their customers, like everyone said above there's the Zactoman correction set so either way if you got the kit and it still has the errors you can still correct it. I believe a Polish company called North Star models (I think is the name) produced a very good photo etch exhaust nozzle set for this kit I've seen them made up and if you're gonna go as accurate as possible I'd highly recommend them.

Edited by Deano353
Auto correct
  • Like 1

I had the Trumpeter 1/32 Su-27B in the stash for a while, they did indeed make corrections for some parts, probably did copy Zactomans work ... but hey, apparently you cant get his parts now. Stock Trumpeter canopy is still slightly wrong I think, something that Chris Zacto corrected too.

Unfortunately if buying second hand, there is no way on box you can be sure you will get a corrected kit version I'm aware of, if buying new you should be fine ... unless its extremely old stock, if buying on Ebay, here or elsewhere, ask the seller if he knows if its a corrected version, ask for pictures of the intake and nose from several angles especially and compare them with real life pictures or Chris's work.

Good luck, wish I had the space for mine, corrected or not it will still look like a classic Flanker and look awesome in those classic Russian colours, very big model, make sure you have space for it :)

EDIT: Skim read the thread, see you have a corrected one now, enjoy!