1/32 A6M2 Zero - My first and very long build

On 12/3/2020 at 2:53 PM, Xtof P said:

Thats one really cool build! Got the Zero in my stash and will definitly refer to your pics when i'building it.

Thank you! This is the kindest compliment I'd ever received! I'm so glad to know that you find some value in it.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It has been some time since my last post. Well, life tends to get in the way of fun, you know? Anyway, I was working on these landing gears (x2) since sometime in October (taking my time for research and proper prep). After many weeks of working on numerous parts (~22 for each side) the result is right in front of you. Being honest with you, I quite like it.
No crazy weathering/wear of any kind involved. Just typical dirt/dust where the maintenance crew won't bother to clean. Cheers!

3vm3WEp.jpg

• Like 11

On 22/01/2021 at 19:27, luftmodels said:

No crazy weathering/wear of any kind involved. Just typical dirt/dust where the maintenance crew won't bother to clean.

Fantastic job! I’m not a big fan of weathering, so your work looks very natural. Thumbs up! 👍

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roberto said:

That landing gear is a real masterpiece in its own!

Thank you! I divide the model into separate "models" (cockpit, engine, landing gear, frame, etc) and each module gets my 100% undivided attention and good research. This way the final model should be 100% quality of its own (I have very high standards).

9 hours ago, zaxos345 said:

Just awesomeeee!!!!

John

Thanks! 😉

7 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

Fantastic job! I’m not a big fan of weathering, so your work looks very natural. Thumbs up! 👍

Many thanks! Good to know that I'm not the only one who is trying to represent the aircraft in decent condition. Pretty much 90% of models [I see] have a heavy weathering of one kind or another.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...