1/144 Royal Jordanian Airlines Caravelle 10R

You are far to modest Mike. This is the first time I've seen an A-Model Caravelle 10 built up and you have done a magnificent job. One thing that sometimes is an issue is the lack of photos showing any markings on the wings, so we often never know whether there should be registration letters on the wings? Up until the mid-to-late '60s, most airliners carried their registration letters above the starboard wing and below the port wing, apart from most US airlines. Not having any photos to prove or disprove this on many models, we may never know!

• Like 1

That is one lovely looking Caravelle Mike, no sign of any struggles. I've been wondering about getting one of these kits, would you recommend it?

Like you I'm a fan of classicairlines decals, some lovely schemes there such as this one.

Glad to see the 'with something else' shot, always interests me to see a related comparison.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

On 8/12/2020 at 12:23 AM, AMB said:

You are far to modest Mike. This is the first time I've seen an A-Model Caravelle 10 built up and you have done a magnificent job. One thing that sometimes is an issue is the lack of photos showing any markings on the wings, so we often never know whether there should be registration letters on the wings? Up until the mid-to-late '60s, most airliners carried their registration letters above the starboard wing and below the port wing, apart from most US airlines. Not having any photos to prove or disprove this on many models, we may never know!

Thanks Adrian. You're right about the registration markings on the wings. The decals only came with one set and the thought of trying to fit these around the wing fences? - Let's just say that it was a no-brainer as to where they were going to end up 😁

On 8/14/2020 at 9:16 AM, Viking said:

That is one lovely looking Caravelle Mike, no sign of any struggles. I've been wondering about getting one of these kits, would you recommend it?

Like you I'm a fan of classicairlines decals, some lovely schemes there such as this one.

Glad to see the 'with something else' shot, always interests me to see a related comparison.

Cheers

John

Thanks John. I'd recommend the Amodel Caravelles although I'd seriously consider and aftermarket undercarriage set, if I were to ever build another. Classicairlines do have a number of appetising schemes, and I've spent many hours trawling through their website before leaving empty-handed due to "choice confusion".

As for the "with something else" shot is concerned, let's just say that I've been trying to maintain your standards. Unfortunately it's getting harder with every build that you pull out of your hat.

Best Regards

mike

Hello Mitchem,

Thanks for sharing these two ASA Caravelles. Notorious for the noise they made on take-off.

Very well done and besides that, a very interesting and historic aircraft.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike,

I missed this one when you first posted it. You've done a lovely job with it and as others have said there is no sign of your struggles.

A nice simple livery which looks good on the Caravelle but then again anything with a cheatline looks good especially a multiple stripe like this!

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by Turbofan