One for the home team (Hurricane)

The 'O' decal turned up today and is a perfect match to the other ones. When the serial number is on by the end of the weekend I will put up another image. 

This one and the Bf 110D should be finished next week. I have to wait for the underwing code letter to dry like the Hurricane. 

• Like 2

Unfortunately my Hurricane has had to go back to the hanger. The test pilot took it out for a spin and had the wrong mix dialed in. It came back with heavy black stains down both sides. As a result it has gone in to have those sides repainted 

What really happened was I was spraying Tamiya Smoke for the exhaust staining and had trouble with it pooling above the Exhaust. This caused a nasty stain. I thought i could recover it by adding flat black which worked, but I got carried away and ended up over doing it. 

Anyway the repair is underway and should take a few days. Shame really as the plane was looking real good.

• Sad 1

No problem Stew, just part of the course for me. Takes me a couple hours of stressing before coming up with a repair plan and getting on with it.

The exhaust is always difficult for me to do and it is always the last thing I paint. 

• Like 1

What is it with this ruddy young pilots taking out the “Engineers aircraft” and returning it with over-mixed exhaust staining, unrealistic paint chipping and over faded fabric surfaces (the last two are my issues). Not to worry Greg, good thing the Erks are decent blokes back at the airfield so she’ll come out looking proper soon enough.. can’t have Gerry thinking we’ve got no time for a good dose of spit & polish... or ‘Polish’ perhaps! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Ok, Just so you know what I was talking about. This is an image I took. It fact the photo plays it down a bit. 

Note the area above the exhaust,

The plane has been repainted now and is looking it's old self again.

I just need to touch up a few spots like by the serial number.

By the way the prop isn't glued yet.

Hurricane image 6

• Like 5

• 1 month later...