!!! DEFUNCT !!! Golden/Silver Wings era Aviation Group build, now at 30 !

Slight change of plan, looks like I should get a chance to do my Blackburn Perth in the "Anything but injection GB next year so will need to look at other options. 

A look in the stash reveals 

Saro London

Saro Cloud

Supermarine Scapa

Fairey III F

Vickers Valentia

Hawker Horsley 

Boulton Paul Sidestrand bomber

Boulton Paul Overstrand 

Lots of vacforms here, best start saving for sandpaper now !

Cheers Pat

PS Would the Matchbox Seafox be eligible  ?

17 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Slight change of plan, looks like I should get a chance to do my Blackburn Perth in the "Anything but injection GB next year so will need to look at other options. 

A look in the stash reveals 

Saro London

Saro Cloud

Supermarine Scapa

Fairey III F

Vickers Valentia

Hawker Horsley 

Boulton Paul Sidestrand bomber

Boulton Paul Overstrand 

Lots of vacforms here, best start saving for sandpaper now !

Cheers Pat

PS Would the Matchbox Seafox be eligible  ?

They all sound like good options Pat, the Seafox does qualify. According to Wiki the Seafox started Squadron service in 1937 with F.A.A. 700 Squadron. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Marklo said:

Two Roden Gladiators in the stash. One of which may be a donor kit for a Gauntlet. (Yes I know they’re pretty different, nothing a razorsaw and copious filler couldn’t fix :) )

Welcome aboard sir those sound like excellent choices. 

• Thanks 1

Please add me to the list. I have a bunch of Silver Wings (RAF) candidates and quite a few civilian options too. I would even get tempted by the Alcock and Brown trans-Atlantic Vimy from FROG, but that is outside your timescale (1919 not 1920).

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AdrianMF said:

Please add me to the list. I have a bunch of Silver Wings (RAF) candidates and quite a few civilian options too. I would even get tempted by the Alcock and Brown trans-Atlantic Vimy from FROG, but that is outside your timescale (1919 not 1920).

Regards,

Adrian

Hello Adrian welcome aboard, well I got curious and decided to see if there was an official start date to the interwar period. Was it the Armistice of 11/11/1918 or 10/01/1920 ? According to this Wiki page the Interwar period is considered to have started in 1918. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interwar_period

What that means is Ive changed the start date to the Armistice. So if you really wanted to do the Vimy you could. 

Dennis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Golden/Silver Wings era Aviation Group build, now at 25 only 5 to go.
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Go on then! Sign me up too. I've got a Matchbox Siskin I've been itching to build, and a Wellesley and Demon that need built. This GB will be the perfect excuse to build them. Great subject choice.

Steve

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Toryu said:

That would be a nice one Dennis. I guess I would've something to contribute.

Welcome aboard sir’s. 

On 2/13/2021 at 1:35 PM, fightersweep said:

Go on then! Sign me up too. I've got a Matchbox Siskin I've been itching to build, and a Wellesley and Demon that need built. This GB will be the perfect excuse to build them. Great subject choice.

Steve

My apologies for not saying something earlier but a Siskin, Wellesley, and Demon would all be very welcome. 

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Golden/Silver Wings era Aviation Group build, now at 29 only 1 to go.
  • 1 month later...

Hi Dennis

Please add my name to the list ,I don't have a clue what i'm going to build yet but I am sure to find something suitable in my stash ..

Cheers

Patrice    

• Like 1

• Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Golden/Silver Wings era Aviation Group build, now at 30 !
6 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Dennis

Please add my name to the list ,I don't have a clue what i'm going to build yet but I am sure to find something suitable in my stash ..

Cheers

Patrice    

Welcome aboard Patrice, quite a good selection of aircraft from France in this timeframe. Maybe something from DeWoitine or Amiot ? 

Oh @Enzo Matrix I think we’ve got 30 now, does that mean we qualify for the bunfight. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome aboard Patrice, quite a good selection of aircraft from France in this timeframe. Maybe something from DeWoitine or Amiot ? 

Oh @Enzo Matrix I think we’ve got 30 now, does that mean we qualify for the bunfight. 

Good morning Dennis

Thank you for adding me to the list ..

You're reading my mind I am thinking of a Ms 406 as  I  have the Hasegawa kit in my stash ...

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

Hi Dennis,

Are we looking like being a "go"? :)

Been checking my stash again, and I think these would qualify?

Gloster Gladiator

Gloster F5.34

Hawker Hurricane Mk.I

Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I

Curtiss Hawk 75A

Mitsubishi A5M Claude

Or I might have to get something specially!!!

Looking forward to this.

Cheers,

Mark

23 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Are we looking like being a "go"? :)

Hello Mark, with the 30 sign-ups It should be in the November Bunfight. Of course if we get enough votes there, then we can get in next year. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...