!!! DEFUNCT !!! Golden/Silver Wings era Aviation Group build, now at 30 !

Hello Everyone.... So while going through the builds I came across one that made me think. So Im proposing the Golden wings of Aviation group build. This would cover anything Aviation related. Starting from 11 November 1918 when the Armistice went into effect to August of 1939 Any aircraft used, designed, or operated by any Nation’s Military. This would include World War One aircraft still being used in this timeframe. Also includes World War Two aircraft that were into the advanced testing phase or in squadron use as of August of 1939.

This build would also include civilian aircraft types as well. Want to build a Spirit of St.Louis or maybe Amelia Earhart’s aircraft those all count. All civilian airliners used in this era would count. The aircraft used by explorers such as Admiral Byrd also qualify. Not to mention any civilian types that were pressed into military service in places like Spain, Ethiopia, and China among other locations. Please ask if you have questions, I will research it and let you know if it qualifies. One offs and odd examples greatly encouraged to be built. If there is an written example, blueprint, or a prototype of something I will pretty much allow it. If anyone is interested in co-hosting please say so. 

1. Corsairfoxfouruncle (host)

2. dnl42

3. Wez

4. John Masters

5. janneman36 

6. malpaso

7. Pin 

8. TonyW 

9. zebra

10. CliffB 

11. JOCKNEY 

12. Ray S 

12a. Tim R-T-C 

14. klr

15. Pin  

16. LorenSharp 

17. halfwit 

18. gcn 

19. jb65rams 

20. Torbjorn 

21. Robert Stuart 

22. Col. 

23. bigbadbadge 

24. Marklo

25. AdrianMF 

26. fightersweep 

27. Toryu 

28. 2996 Victor 

29. Old Man 

🏴‍☠️30. TEMPESTMK5
31. mackem01

32. zegeye 

33. galgos 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 2

Yes, I'm up for this, strangely, this period is often referred to as the Silver Wings period in the UK mainly down to the widespread use of aluminium dope as a final finish for the linen covering.

My entry would likely be something RAF...

• Like 1

Maybe the cut-off date should be 4th May 1936 so the GB doesn't get swamped with more bl##dy Spitfires - says the bloke with dozens of 'em in his stash!  😎

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Wez said:

Yes, I'm up for this, strangely, this period is often referred to as the Silver Wings period in the UK mainly down to the widespread use of aluminium dope as a final finish for the linen covering.

My entry would likely be something RAF...

7 hours ago, John Masters said:

Me too please! 

7 hours ago, janneman36 said:

Great idea, I would like to enter as well so count me in!

cheers, Jan

1 hour ago, malpaso said:

Maybe the cut-off date should be 4th May 1936 so the GB doesn't get swamped with more bl##dy Spitfires - says the bloke with dozens of 'em in his stash!  😎

Welcome aboard Gentlemen.... All the choices you mentioned are acceptable.

@Wez I didnt know that was the “Silver wings” era or I would have added that to the original post

@malpaso You could always do K5054 or one of the early Mk.I’s with the flat canopy and two blade prop ?  

1 hour ago, malpaso said:

5 minutes ago, John Masters said:

That might be a good idea...

I will take a look at the dates and see what I can figure out. 

• Like 1

Count me in. This era isn't very well represented in my stash, but after a thoroughly enjoyable Dragon Rapide build recently I can't resist. Options currently in the stash are a DH.88 Comet, Douglas PD-1, Hawker Hart, Sikorsky S-43 and a Walrus.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, zebra said:

Count me in. This era isn't very well represented in my stash, but after a thoroughly enjoyable Dragon Rapide build recently I can't resist. Options currently in the stash are a DH.88 Comet, Douglas PD-1, Hawker Hart, Sikorsky S-43 and a Walrus.

Welcome aboard... Ahh the Dragon Rapide one of my all time favorites. 

• Thanks 1

Hello, please count me in on this one. I have a few suitable subjects in my stash, and I promise no Spitfire(s).

Airfix: Bristol Bulldog; Hawker Demon; HP-42;

Azur: Koolhoven FK-51

Esoteric: Fairey IIID; Boulton Paul Overstrand;

Joystick: Avro Bison;

Matchbox: Supermarine Stranraer;

Cheers,

Ray

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray S said:

Hello, please count me in on this one. I have a few suitable subjects in my stash, and I promise no Spitfire(s).

Airfix: Bristol Bulldog; Hawker Demon; HP-42;

Azur: Koolhoven FK-51

Esoteric: Fairey IIID; Boulton Paul Overstrand;

Joystick: Avro Bison;

Matchbox: Supermarine Stranraer;

Cheers,

Ray

Welcome aboard with such a varied collection I'm sure something very interesting will pop up. 

24 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Okay you lured me in...

I've got some Polikarpov I15 and I16 in pre-war schemes, the Dora Wings GeeBees and I'm sure I can make an airfield scene that fits this time period.

Welcome aboard Tim, any of these will be a fine option, Ive always thought Polikarpov had seen the GeeBee racers and decided they would make a great fighter.