!!! DEFUNCT !!! Golden/Silver Wings era Aviation Group build, now at 30 !

3 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Looking through a few interwar books and saw an AVRO bison and the Blackburn Dart may well go for one of these :) they give ugly a whole new meaning…

There were quite a few not so pretty designs in this era, any number of which could get the award for least attractive plane. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello @Old Man For some reason Youre already in at #29 on the list, it seems that you already signed up. 

So I am, Sir.

I haven't been in the section for a while, and plumb forgot.

Still, I hope this one comes off. I can't think of more than a couple of kits I've got that fall outside the range.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, galgos said:

I’d like you to add my name to the list please, I have a good range of kits to choose from, mostly Silver Wings though the AlleyCat spatted Fury is on order.

Max 

Welcome aboard Max, sounds like that would be a nice addition to  the build. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to !!! DEFUNCT !!! Golden/Silver Wings era Aviation Group build, now at 30 !

I am disappointed this one didn't get through. The only consolation I can offer is that some subjects will easily transfer to the Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record Breakers, & Special Schemes Mega GB.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Col. said:

I am disappointed this one didn't get through. The only consolation I can offer is that some subjects will easily transfer to the Prototypes, Racers, Research, Record Breakers, & Special Schemes Mega GB.

Thanks Col. I knew it was a long shot considering the field of entrants. Im just not up for giving it another try for next year. So maybe someday in the future it will live again. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 7:19 AM, Col. said:

On 11/27/2021 at 7:20 AM, mackem01 said:

Aaawww nuts!

20 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Really disappointed this one didn't get selected,  please don't lose heart it will make a terrific GB when we get it voted in, next time.

Cheers Pat 

5 minutes ago, Marklo said:

I'd agree this could be a fantastic GB if it wter to get through to 2023.

Hello Gentlemen, give me a little while. I will try to step back and see how to make this a bit more attractive to encourage more votes in the Bunfight next year. When Im ready I will start a new thread and notify everyone that signed up for this build to see if they're still interested. If anyone has ideas along those lines or ideas in general for this build let me know. 

Dennis

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Gentlemen, give me a little while. I will try to step back and see how to make this a bit more attractive to encourage more votes in the Bunfight next year. When Im ready I will start a new thread and notify everyone that signed up for this build to see if they're still interested. If anyone has ideas along those lines or ideas in general for this build let me know. 

Dennis

I find that Bribery works wonders as an incentive at appropriate times Dennis.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

I find that Bribery works wonders as an incentive at appropriate times Dennis.

True but unless anyone want’s free dirt or gravel, I haven't got anything else worth giving away. If I did Id be on a beach somewhere enjoying a distilled Irish or Scottish beverage. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

True but unless anyone want’s free dirt or gravel, I haven't got anything else worth giving away. If I did Id be on a beach somewhere enjoying a distilled Irish or Scottish beverage. 

Don't forget, you MUST have the little umbrellas in said drink to show how cultured and debonair you is. 

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/11/2021 at 04:01, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Gentlemen, give me a little while. I will try to step back and see how to make this a bit more attractive to encourage more votes in the Bunfight next year. 

One way would be to re-label this topic as ‘interwar’ and thereby open the field to any subject at all that is associated with the period between WW1 and WW2. 

There’s plenty of cool ships and cars and tanks that qualify and -of course- all of the original aviation stuff is still eligible.

Just a suggestion.

11 minutes ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

One way would be to re-label this topic as ‘interwar’ and thereby open the field to any subject at all that is associated with the period between WW1 and WW2. 

There’s plenty of cool ships and cars and tanks that qualify and -of course- all of the original aviation stuff is still eligible.

Just a suggestion.

Its already been restarted, as an everything vehicle between the wars. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235102312-classic-wings-cars-ships-and-more-gold-and-silver-wings-take-two/