!!! DEFUNCT !!! Golden/Silver Wings era Aviation Group build, now at 30 !

52 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Welcome aboard Tim, any of these will be a fine option, Ive always thought Polikarpov had seen the GeeBee racers and decided they would make a great fighter. 

If not they certainly had a mutual love of barrels!

An I16 with rearward cockpit would certainly be an interesting prospect. Perhaps I could get a second Dora Wings boxing and make them with combat markings...🤔

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tim R-T-C said:

If not they certainly had a mutual love of barrels!

An I16 with rearward cockpit would certainly be an interesting prospect. Perhaps I could get a second Dora Wings boxing and make them with combat markings...🤔

Well as they were many one offs and prototypes in this era if theres a drawing or a proposal it would be acceptable as a build. 

Sign me up. I suspect I have several dozen candidates, but I would need to research some of them to see if they actually qualify. Then again, some might qualify that I had not initially thought about. At any rate, I should have more than enough to choose from.

4 hours ago, klr said:

Sign me up. I suspect I have several dozen candidates, but I would need to research some of them to see if they actually qualify. Then again, some might qualify that I had not initially thought about. At any rate, I should have more than enough to choose from.

Welcome aboard sir, if you're not quite sure send me a list and I will see what I can dig up. 

I'm in, if you'll have me. Not built an aircraft in 30+ years let alone taken part in a group build, but I am working on building a stash! Which includes a Dragon Rapide, a couple of Tiger Moths (one to be started very soon), a DH88 and a Gipsy Moth. Interwar civilian is my main aviation interest so this would be an ideal GB for me.

3 minutes ago, halfwit said:

I'm in, if you'll have me. Not built an aircraft in 30+ years let alone taken part in a group build, but I am working on building a stash! Which includes a Dragon Rapide, a couple of Tiger Moths (one to be started very soon), a DH88 and a Gipsy Moth. Interwar civilian is my main aviation interest so this would be an ideal GB for me.

Welcome aboard HW I’ve added you to the list.  if youre not familiar with Group builds then no worries everyone is welcome. There is no requirements as far as entering at this time, all you're doing is showing interest in joining. For this to become official as a build there are two criteria that need to be met. The first is if I can get 30 people to show an interest. If we meet that goal by November 1st of this or any year then we get a spot in the November vote. Every member of the Forum gets a vote, the voting lasts the entire month of November so there is no hurry. The top 7-8 builds in the voting will get a slot in next years group build calendar and we’re off to the races. If we don't then we get a second chance the following November. 

Dennis

• 1 month later...
  • Corsairfoxfouruncle changed the title to Golden/Silver Wings era Aviation Group build, 2/3 way there!
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...