Tamiya YZR 500 Kenny Roberts 2nd attempt

Thats 2nd attempt at posting pics. Ive finally managed to figure out how to put photos on thanks to much needed help, thank you for all.

Started this over 10 years ago, lock down has got my fire going again.

pleased with the overall result, but have now acquired a selection of alclad2 laquers for future use. 

only really used on the forks and exhausts for this model, the engine is just painted in tamiya X paints.

the lower black of the fairing is painted rather than using the supplied decals.

looking forward to getting my 30 odd other bikes done.......

last photo is my newly made display case, room for a few more in there before a bigger case needs to be made.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

im pleased with the outcome, i few lessons learned along the way.

the tank has what i think are known as mould lines which i should have removed.

the yellow and white was painted about 10 years ago, when i came back to it i decided to repaint the seat and I used XF8 over grey primer. This gave a much better coat but I only noticed the slight shade difference after clear coating.

I’m tempted to put a post on showing the marlboro Yamaha, that was built 35 years ago, sticky glue and a brush. 

Its been in a box for years, it looks fine up in the case, more of a 6 footer 👍

• Like 1

Positively inspirational work. I especially like that you resurrected the long languishing build, as we've all done at some time or at least I certainly have, to complete it...eventually. 👍

Glad you sorted out the photo problem  I like the build looks great  going to build one of these if I can find one 

and yes put the Marlboro yam up I’m a fan of 6 footer builds that’s all I can do