1/72 Italeri FAA Westland Wessex HU.5, HMS London 1981

This is my first RFI, so be gentle!

It's taken me two months to get this done which is exceptionally slow for me. Anyone who saw the WIP will be aware of a few challenges Italeri threw my way, bless 'em... anyway, thanks to everyone who offered advice and encouragement along the way, in particular @hendie, @perdu, @Chewbacca and @Andwil. Cheers gents.

This is my first crack at a helicopter. There's plenty wrong with it and a few things I would do differently if I was going to build it again (which I most definitely am not!), but each of my builds gets a little better and I feel I'm slowly upping my game.

Thanks for looking.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 39

Whatever the errors are, I don't see 'em. Very nice looking Wessex. They appear to be quite popular subjects among model builders as I've seen several here at BM.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

31 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

how about a Whirlwind to go with it ?

I have a couple in the stash, but I think my next build will have a wing stuck on either side!

• Like 1

Looks pretty darned good to me, and I have heard the kit is a lot harder to assemble than it should be. Everybody and their uncle does 'Humphrey' so it's nice to see one in a different set of markings.

Mike

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Looks pretty darned good to me, and I have heard the kit is a lot harder to assemble than it should be. Everybody and their uncle does 'Humphrey' so it's nice to see one in a different set of markings.

Mike

It's dead easy to assemble if you don't mind it being wrong in quite a few ways! Sorting out the inaccuracies was where I had to put in the hours...

Edited by TonyOD