Anycubic Photon 3D printer

bootneck

On 10/14/2020 at 10:25 PM, Circloy said:

Fired off several e-mails recently, not even received a reply. Considering escalating

Hope you get it resolved soon.

On 10/14/2020 at 9:25 PM, Circloy said:

Fired off several e-mails recently, not even received a reply. Considering escalating

Well I've taken the plunge and ordered an anycubic Photon Mono SE based on the discussion on this thread. Looking forward to receiving it and have been busy learning and creating things to print in fusion 360.

I've not heard anything since ordering last week but they were on holiday and I don't think they are shipping till the 25th October so I'm hoping there will be no delays like others have received.

All 3 parcels have now arrived. Bit of an exhausting wait and ive yet to open up the packages due to my office looking like an IED has gone off in it, but my near 50 day saga is over! @Circloy i ended up being contacted on their Facebook group with all the details, although i think it was the email to anycubic01 that actually got the ball rolling. Definitley think it was a case that they had sold out of all the ones in stock and have been treading water till the next shipment arrived. 

11 hours ago, Kushan_Farsight said:

All 3 parcels have now arrived. Bit of an exhausting wait and ive yet to open up the packages due to my office looking like an IED has gone off in it, but my near 50 day saga is over! @Circloy i ended up being contacted on their Facebook group with all the details, although i think it was the email to anycubic01 that actually got the ball rolling. Definitley think it was a case that they had sold out of all the ones in stock and have been treading water till the next shipment arrived. 

To miss quote Monty Python "50 day's You were lucky!.." - 68 days to date & still rising. My initial contact was with '05' who went deadly quiet after advising resin would ship late Sept. With no response over the last week fired an e-mail to both '05' & '01' & received a reply yesterday from '01' asking if I wanted to return the resin.

Wasn't easy not swearing in my response.

I received the Anycubic Mono X 3D printer.

I was able to test . Beautiful machine! Very heavy, which is a good sign for the stiffness.

The result is a little more precise. You can see it. The vertical surfaces are cleaner. It is two machines from the same manufacturer running at the same resolution of 50 microns. Only the LCD screen is different, one color for the Photon S and one monochrome for the Mono X. The faces of the object have a good surface rendering, this is a problem with the Photon S.

The size of the plate is impressive as well as the printing height. This will facilitate the printing of the shells. I bought this machine for this reason, not expecting a better quality.

From the same file  (7 cm large)

Screenshot-2020-10-17-23-29-22-656.jpg

Screenshot-2020-10-17-23-31-56-547.jpg

Screenshot-2020-10-17-23-31-42-760.jpg

Screenshot-2020-10-18-22-30-49-312.jpg

Screenshot-2020-10-18-22-27-08-119.jpg

I had some problems to connect the wifi, solved by the hotline this morning:

There is a nice error in the installation manual of the Wifi provided in the PDF on the USB key:

Anycubic released a video correcting this error.

Attention! upper and lower case must be respected, even in the SSID, name of your wifi network.

Screenshot-2020-10-19-10-04-53-919.jpg

Screenshot-2020-10-19-10-07-11-389.jpg

In the Anycubic App on my Iphone. 

I also had a problem typing the IP address of the printer, on the numeric keyboard, there is a comma instead of a dot, which is not compatible with the IP address.

The solution is to write the ip address in the box above "name" and copy and paste it in the IP address box.

Screenshot-2020-10-19-10-18-47-938.jpg

Screenshot-2020-10-19-10-33-13-126.jpg

• Thanks 2

Stop it!

It took me ages to talk my wife and daughter to outlay the funds for my Photon S, they said that this had better be the mother of all resin printers.  Now you come along and say the Mono X is bigger, better, faster.

Stop it I tell you!  :analintruder:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

😂

If you want to make only small parts, Mike, the Phrozen Sonic 4K I also ordered ( I should receive it in the next few days, also ordered pre-order from them in Taiwan) should be much better than the Mono X, because you go from 50 microns to 35 microns résolution in monochrome too. The stage is smaller than the Photon S.

I bought the Mono X to make large parts like ship hulls.

More here https://phrozen3d.com/products/sonic-mini-4k-resin-3d-printer-phrozen

Another test of Mono X, Different scale of this plate, same setting then Photon S, file, slicing program is different only, i use Photon Workshop instead Chitubox not compatible yet with Mono X. The smallest plate measures 3cm wide.

Screenshot-2020-10-19-11-42-56-448.jpg

Screenshot-2020-10-19-11-43-35-263.jpg

• Like 1

You are not helping Pascal!  :weep:

I also like to build ship models and would really like to be able to print models at my scale of 1:144; however, my printer can't go up to such large sizes.  Now that you have shown us the larger Mono X, I know the facility is out there; so some day maybe. :shrug:

I did manage to find a ship that I could print, but only to the smaller 1:350 scale.  Even then, I could not have printed this if the producer had not made it in kit form.

This is the front half and some of the other pieces of a Black Swan class sloop,  the aft section is still being printed

spacer.png

The pieces look a little messy at the moment but that is because they have just come off the printer.  With a bit of a clean up, some priming and a dollop of paint, it should look a nice model.

cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Iceman 29 said:

Another test of Mono X, Different scale of this plate, same setting then Photon S, file, slicing program is different only, i use Photon Workshop instead Chitubox not compatible yet with Mono X. The smallest plate measures 3cm wide.

Any chance you can post this .stl model for us to try some comparisons? I have just the normal Photon, but ultimately the hardware is not vastly different to the S.

You can find 1001 pictures of amazing quality character/miniatures models made on the photons but rarely do you see text and graphics attempted. It would be interesting to see what the limits of the machine are for doing that kind of thing.

the smallest top right print looks like its been done with an anti-aliasing setting of 100!  What resin are you using? ive got a half litre bottle of their grey material, but there does seem to be a biiig range of manufacturers that are now making resins, with some people having great success with some and nothing but headaches with others.

I use the Elgoo resin, best than the Anycubic, cheaper, no smell, you can rinse with water ou alcool and after water. A good product.

Anti-aliasing was in the mid range.

Uv Exposure is shorter with Mono X that why. The UV are less diffused next to.

• Thanks 1

Just did some calibration pieces last night. 

Unfortunately there was certainly some issues with bed leveling and of 6 parts, only 3 printed correctly, and 2 had some minor issues. However i put this down to trying the  'generic' test model as well As the exposure times may not have been ideal. Ended with 3 parts stuck to the FEP film rather than the bed, but as these were all the 3 closest to the front, i believe its probably because i slightly pushed down on the front of the plate as i tightened the allen nut. 

That said, the quality really amazed me.  When i can figure how to take some good pics of the parts i will as there is some impressive hairline sized parts that it kicked out, along with holes and raised text. It supersedes the quality of parts i have bought from 3rd party printer hubs made with SLS. 

I am using Anycubics own Clear plant based resin, their wash and cure station, and 99.9% strength IPA as cleaning medium. 

Yaahaaaayyy!  I have just produced my first drawing for making a 3D resin print.

This will, when it is finished, be the starboard midships boat deck on my scratchbuild of Ark Royal to 1:144 scale.

spacer.png

It is very elementary at the moment, just verticals and horizontals, and will need quite a bit more doing before I print anything.  I shall need to identify which of these openings are doors and which are watertight hatches.

Then I will need to learn how to draw and produce the ship's boats that will sit in the open deck space above etc., etc., etc.

Small steps.......

Mike

• Like 6

On 17/10/2020 at 00:09, Circloy said:

To miss quote Monty Python "50 day's You were lucky!.." - 68 days to date & still rising. My initial contact was with '05' who went deadly quiet after advising resin would ship late Sept. With no response over the last week fired an e-mail to both '05' & '01' & received a reply yesterday from '01' asking if I wanted to return the resin.

Wasn't easy not swearing in my response.

80 day's & eventually delivery is complete.

Hoping for plain sailing from now on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wellsprop said:

The 1kg bottles are sold on Amazon for £36 (or £32 when they have their deal on).

That sounds like a good deal will have to keep an eye out for it.

Well my wash and cure machine arrived yesterday and the resin arrived today so just missing a vital missing item now, the printer. The strange thing is, on my order on the anycubic website is that only the wash and cure machine is showing as shipped the resin isn't but I have it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/19/2020 at 12:27 PM, Iceman 29 said:

This is a great advertisement for a monochrome screen! I'm watching Amazon for some after-Thanksgiving day sales on printers. I picked up my PLA printer for a steal a few years back on black Friday. 

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 5:27 PM, Iceman 29 said:

Screenshot-2020-10-19-11-42-56-448.jpg

Screenshot-2020-10-19-11-43-35-263.jpg

What's the warranty time on the screen for the Mono X?

On 11/21/2020 at 5:58 AM, aircooled said:

I'm watching Amazon for some after-Thanksgiving day sales on printers.

Anyubic has already posted their Black Friday deals/pricing on their website.

https://www.anycubic.com/collections/sales

Looks like their Amazon deals are just on the original Photon (and an FDM printer)

https://www.facebook.com/anycubic3dprinter/posts/we-are-on-the-brink-of-black-friday-guys-heres-the-cant-miss-event-on-amazon-sto/467896690283125/

Just bought another 3 bottles of resin, will be interested to see if the grey is easier to work with than the clear. Also picked up another 5 sets of FEP films off ebay as Anycubic wanted $25.99 + $25.99 shipping for a pack (of 2) whereas you can grab 5 on ebay with 1st class delivery for £12. 

I am sure that some of the marks left on the film by running the RERF test first time i got the printer are what is causing some of my print issues.