1/72 - Vietnam Aces - F-4C & D Phantom II by Hobby 2000 (Hasegawa rebox) - released

6 minutes ago, lasermonkey said:

This is a kit that I desperately need several of, but I have a bad feeling that I ain't gonna like the price.......

123 PLN in this shop: http://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/hobby-2000-72027-f-4c-phanton-ii-vietnam-aces-1-limited-edition-1-72-22061/
http://ksmodel.pl/sklep/szczegoly/hobby-2000-72028-f-4d-phanton-ii-vietnam-aces-2-limited-edition-1-72-22062/

• Like 2

The Hasegawa C/Ds have never been very prolific, this is a great opportunity to pick one up.

I'll look for them to start showing up in the shops, count me in!

Cheers,

Hoops

• Like 1

Hoops,

I haven't found a US source for Hobby 2000 kits - do you ( or anyone else) have one? Postal service to US  from overseas is unpredictable at this time --  I have an order from Russia that's been "in transit" for over three months.

Gene K

1 hour ago, Mike Esposito said:

Where's the armament? Gun pod? AIM 4 Falcons? AIM 7s AIM 9s?

None of the Hasegawa 1/72 Phantoms I have contain any weaponry. I think that some limited edition boxings may have had a sprue from their air-air weapon kits. I think it's pretty stingy not to include at least a basic air-air load, but as someone pointed out, whatever they supplied, there would always be someone who wanted something different!

In my case, I'll be using the kits for my 48th and 91st TFW collections, so all I really need is a bunch of SUU-21 practice bomb dispensers.

There's a C2 F-4E box sitting right next to me that has the hardpoints & pylons, 4x Sparrows and the standard droptanks. 
Remember that they also sell dedicated stores sets? At least those will also give you a RMU/TDU-10 towed target :) 

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

I got the email from Arma, but no rebate code. Bah!

Don't know if you've ordered something from them before, but usually they give out a code valid for a month or so - it is a bit hidden in one of the confirmation mails!

1 hour ago, lasermonkey said:

Still looking for a good price

Keep an eye out here - I'd guess around the same price as the Beau boxings.

I think I might be ending my self enforced sabbatical on buying kits with one of these, particularly considering how rarely Hasegawa issue the Air Force short-nosed Phantoms.

Mike.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2020 at 5:33 PM, Silverkite said:

it's possible to just purchase the decals?

Both versions have 2 marking options, the well-published Ritchie/DeBellevue triple nickel (vol.2) and Robin Olds (vol.1) are pretty standard fare of course (Italeri F-4C/D boxing)

The other one in vol.2 is Terrible Tyke, 66-6279, 479TFS (black undersides). Haven't received vol.1 yet, but see the first post.

And here some different, colorful  camo options for the very nice F-4Ds: 

Hi-Decal HD72055 (HD48025) 

Stencil data from the Hobby 2000 offering will fit perfectly for all versions :)

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Diego
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

One of each arrived the other day. The moulding looks crisp and the decal sheets small but well printed (cartograf) and comprehensive.

The quality of the print on the box is stunning and I'm wondering if I can get it framed once the kits are bashed.

• 5 months later...