next off the production line is the Special Hobby F-86K. The mouldings are really nice but the port fuselage half was a different size to the starboard, only by  less than a couple of millimeters but spread out along the length so there were no two points that matched the other half. That and the microscopic brass vortex generators made it a difficult build. 

50196191632_7551327bd8_c.jpgRNoAF F-86K 6 

If replaced the brass vortex generators with slivers of plastic card and cut and filed the modified the fuselage  but it still looks wrong to me. 

50195382138_1d6a19a8e6_c.jpg

I used a number of different metallic paints for the finish, all from rattle cans, and what felt like a couple of rolls of masking tape.

50196193492_4f5ff8732b_c.jpgRNoAF F-86K 4

The decals were from my spares box as I have built both the Must Have F-86K and a couple of other  Special Hobby kits. It represents 54-1281 of 337 Skv of the RNoAF in the late 1950's.

50195383878_b040d6d7cb_c.jpgRNoAF F-86K 3

Finally here she is with my other long winged F-86Ks 

50195386098_44a4a543ef_c.jpgRNoAF F-86K 1

Onto something  better engineered. Thanks for looking

• Like 23

15 minutes ago, transadriatica said:

A beautiful trio! From which kit have you built the Italian one? I have to build a one: it has been the first operative aircraft that my brother has flown.

Thanks

Michele

Thank you for the kind comment. I have built two Italian machines, this one is from the Special Hobby kit and has the later longer wings and another from the Must Have kit with the earlier short wings. The Must have kit is an easier build but is hard to find at least in the UK.