Dragon 1/72 Mistel 5 He-162/Arado E-377a

Hi There,

This was started at the same time as the Typhoon and has continued a bit longer being worked on whilst doing my Buccaneer.

Three kits in one really. The Trolley and the Arado were little gems that were a joy to build but the Salamander was , well, a pig. Nothing on it fitted where it was supposed to but I think we got there.

This has also been built for the wee man as he really likes a bit of whiffery.

Primed with UMP Grey Primer

Painted with Colourcoats RLM 02, RLM76, Vallejo RLM 66, RLM 81, RLM 82, Xtreme Metals Aluminium, Burnt Metal and Tamiya Rubber Black.

Final Coat was Windsor and Newton Satin Varnish.

Some Eduard Lufwaffe Seatbelts and Albion Alloy tubing were also used.

Disaster struck just as I was ready to take some photos and the box tipped and knocked the engine cover and the loop aerial off. The aerial went the way of most things that hit the floor so I used a piece of Stainless Steel vaping wire bent around a small screwdriver to try and replicate it..

C2Rd7kw.jpg

9JiWaxk.jpg

H8x6Svd.jpg

3C50sQE.jpg

J7bg84J.jpg

1apFP5e.jpg

N89A3ip.jpg

zIAeiII.jpg

RR9zQ1u.jpg

SS9uM4H.jpg

As always,

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 21

25 minutes ago, Wulfman said:

Very nice build and finish, can’t help thinking that the set-up would be a bit tricky to handle !

Wulfman

Thanks very much.

It doesn't look to be the most stable take off platform at all.

Cheers,

Alistair

Very nicely built. I've never seen that combination before and know nothing about it. Was the real thing something projected to be built or was it actually built and flown?

• Thanks 1

That you were able to get all the bits of the He-162 to fit together is a testament to your modeling skills! That is one pig of a kit! Very nice job on all three components! DML definitely stood for "Do Me Later" back in the day!

Mike

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Very nicely built. I've never seen that combination before and know nothing about it. Was the real thing something projected to be built or was it actually built and flown?

Thanks very much.

I think it was just a paper project but I'm not an expert.

3 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Nice!

I've got one of those kits in the stash. Never had the guts to try to build it. Yours looks great.

Chris

Thanks very much. It's a bit of a trial for the He-162 but nothing filler can't fix.

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

That you were able to get all the bits of the He-162 to fit together is a testament to your modeling skills! That is one pig of a kit! Very nice job on all three components! DML definitely stood for "Do Me Later" back in the day!

Mike

Thanks so much.

The 162 was a complete pig to try and fit together and i did use a lot more filler than I thought I would need but as for skills, I prefer "I got Lucky".

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ArmouredSprue said:

I do have this kit on stash and it's good to see it's build-able. Cheers

Hi There,

Yes with a bit of care, patience and better planning than I managed it goes together.

I would download the Revell reboxing instructions from Scalemates, they are a little clearer and more comprehensive.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 5:32 PM, AliGauld said:

Hi There,

Yes with a bit of care, patience and better planning than I managed it goes together.

I would download the Revell reboxing instructions from Scalemates, they are a little clearer and more comprehensive.

Cheers,

Alistair

Good tip! Thanks

• Thanks 1