1/72 AZUR FRROM B-10 Export

@Corsairfoxfouruncle Dennis, yep, I am a fan of the B-10, but prefer either the USAAC or  NEI Model 166 version, which @JWM also has as a favorite. Patrick's done a great job with the two export versions he is working on, and I do appreciate his asking Azur-Frrom if they were planning a Model 166 release, which they are evidently not going to do, which makes sense from their end, as it would require a lot of new tooling which would be needed as neither of the kits already released were engineered in such a way as to make a Model 166 possible from the basic molds at a later date. I think I have it figured out how to convert the new Azur-Frrom kit, I just need to start gathering needed parts and work on doing drawings and making a master for the new greenhouse. I also congratulate Azur for doing a state of the art Martin B-10.

Mike

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 72modeler said:

@Corsairfoxfouruncle Dennis, yep, I am a fan of the B-10, but prefer either the USAAC or  NEI Model 166 version, which @JWM also has as a favorite. Patrick's done a great job with the two export versions he is working on, and I do appreciate his asking Azur-Frrom if they were planning a Model 166 release, which they are evidently not going to do, which makes sense from their end, as it would require a lot of new tooling which would be needed as neither of the kits already released were engineered in such a way as to make a Model 166 possible from the basic molds at a later date. I think I have it figured out how to convert the new Azur-Frrom kit, I just need to start gathering needed parts and work on doing drawings and making a master for the new greenhouse. I also congratulate Azur for doing a state of the art Martin B-10.

Mike

Thank you Mike.

Yes they do not plan the model 166 because of the modified wings and front fuselage at least. 

The mould is made by Special Hobby whose boss I know well.

Patrick

• Like 1

Patrik, excellent results so far!

I have also asked directly at Azur-Frrom and they told me  about lack of plans regarding model 166 variant. However, I think the scratch conversion is feasible. The list of what to do is: long greenhouse style canopy, "arrow" style (swept) outer part of wings, deeper fuselage from nose to mid of airplane and another (but still 9 cylinders) engines with different looking cowlings. This could be a nice challenge! BTW - yesterday I've bought a kit of another US old bomber, the Keystone by Choroszy, intending to do a Philippians one from 1941...So many nice models to do around!

Regards

J-W 

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

I wish they would make a 166 model too. Maybe someone will make a resin "conversion kit", with a new fuselage, Wings and a vacuum formed canopy. You could use the Azur kit for all of the rest of the parts. I am also working on the old Williams B-10 kit. It will also be in Dutch colors. 

• Like 2