Fleet 16B Finch Plans/Drawings

Shark444

I'm looking for scale plans for a Fleet 7 Fawn and/or Fleet 16B Finch.  I can scale up to 1/48 scale, but need drawings as I will have to scratchbuild since there are no 1/48 kits available.  I know I could get a 1/72 example and extrapolate, but drawings I can size accordingly and build over top as a template.

Anything helps.

Cheers!

A 1/48 Finch has been on my wish list forever.

There is a nice clear 3-view by Bill Bishop, page 72 of Fleet The Flying Years by Ron Page and William Cumming, Boston Mills Press 1990. It is a tad smaller than 1/72.  If you aren't familiar with the book, it's a typically well-produced Boston Mills volume, lots of interesting commentary and large clear photographs as well.  I cannot vouch for the drawing, never looked that deeply into it.

When the museums open again, there are actual examples at Rockcliffe and with CWH at Hamilton.  CH2A in Windsor has a Fawn which is very close to the Finch (no canopy and the tail is a bit different) but no ropes keeping you away from getting detailed pictures. 

CH2A is a bit of a treasure.  The volunteers are knowledgeable and friendly and the exhibits are to die for.  Best of all, real work is being done there on a Lancaster, a Tiger Moth, a Mosquito. .  .

https://www.ch2a.ca/