Airfix Vintage 1/72 Hawker Demon

Superb job there Guy. You've turned that old demon into an extremely respectable replica. I like the differential aileron set. I assume the joystick set over to the left of course ........🤣

Terry

• Like 1

Guy, I keep coming back to look at this this because it is so well done.  I have read through your your WIP and been impressed with your patient attention to detail.  I have long felt that a lot of the panel shading we see on models is overdone.  In 1/72 how much would you on the real aeroplane from 60ft away?. The Airfix ribbing on this was over exaggerated, your toned down version looks much more realistic.  Great job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Superb job there Guy. You've turned that old demon into an extremely respectable replica. I like the differential aileron set. I assume the joystick set over to the left of course ........🤣

Terry

Obviously Terry! 

5 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Guy, I keep coming back to look at this this because it is so well done.  I have read through your your WIP and been impressed with your patient attention to detail.  I have long felt that a lot of the panel shading we see on models is overdone.  In 1/72 how much would you on the real aeroplane from 60ft away?. The Airfix ribbing on this was over exaggerated, your toned down version looks much more realistic.  Great job.

Thanks Colin, that’s nice to know. Yes, I’ve personally gone a bit off the current trend of shading everything to death. Can look great, but everyone does it now, so I’ve gone the other way and want to build ‘clean’ like the old days 😆.  You can get away with it more in 1/72.

Guy

• Like 2