Hic Sunt Dracones - D.H.89 Dragon Rapide seaplane conversion

My goodness..this is wonderful modelling in 1/72 or,indeed,in any other scale.

It must be splendid for me to emerge from my supportive role on Britmodeller (exit stage left) and actually say something...rather than just ticking positives for the many excellent models that I see on the site..

(I am shy and possess four fingers and six thumbs)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, QuadrantIV said:

(I am shy and possess four fingers and six thumbs)

You are exceedingly kind!

Truly appreciated.

As regarding your digital peculiarities, they are not an impediment for fun.

Remember we have a member from Mars, @Martian, who has tentacles instead of the corresponding human features.

We love him dearly anyway. And he makes superb models!

12 hours ago, Courageous said:

Great work, great photography.

Stuart

Dear Stuart, you are always superbly encouraging.

Thanks for that.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 05/08/2020 at 17:24, Moa said:

Oh, my! 🐲 Are they edible? We Argentinians will throw on the BBQ anything!

Thanks for your very kind words!

Catching them is the problem.

Very elusive these Welsh, scarlet, dragons!

• Haha 1

I can't keep up with all these brilliant models, blink and you'll miss one! Glad to have seen this one though, I love the combination of the familiar and unfamiliar all in one. Well worth all the work you put into it.

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, billn53 said:

Pure eye-candy!

Very kind, Bill.

Cheers

9 hours ago, invidia said:

Fantastic looking model 👌 

Appreciated!

9 hours ago, Britman said:

Splendid as ever and the information contained in your posts as always very welcome . Thank you for sharing Moa.

Keith

Always a pleasure, Keith

Cheers

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Viking said:

I can't keep up with all these brilliant models, blink and you'll miss one! Glad to have seen this one though, I love the combination of the familiar and unfamiliar all in one. Well worth all the work you put into it.

Cheers

John

😁

I have to be careful no to exceed the limits of the Speed of Build, because it causes time distortions, and may end up completing a model before even buying the kit.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, stevehnz said:

These are both wonderful models Claudio. I'm not sure if it is the appeal of the subjects that has influenced me but I think you've raised your bar yet again. :)

Steve

It is, Steve. The Dragon Rapides are such beautiful planes, they always look good.

Cheers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moa said:

😁

I have to be careful no to exceed the limits of the Speed of Build, because it causes time distortions, and ending up completing a model before even buying the kit.

I suffer from MTDDS: Modeler's Time Distortion Disappointment Syndrome. Upon acquiring a new kit, I immediately envision how it will appear when finished and sitting on the Shelf of Acclaim. But as I commence the build, time slows to a crawl, and the finished model never looks like I envisioned it, usually much worse.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

I suffer from MTDDS: Modeler's Time Distortion Disappointment Syndrome. Upon acquiring a new kit, I immediately envision how it will appear when finished and sitting on the Shelf of Acclaim. But as I commence the build, time slows to a crawl, and the finished model never looks like I envisioned it, usually much worse.

I think it's yet another virus, because most of us suffer from the same maladie. The completed model never really fulfills expectations.

It's a private joke with my wife that, as a couple, we have reached perfection: we are perfectly incompatible.

• Haha 3