Hello from a Londoner in Manchester

Realmjumped

Just a little hello from me.

42 and living in Manchester I've had on and off relationships with modelling. Airfix as a boy up to about 12 which resulting in a ceiling of 1:48 and 1:72 scale planes and helos usually poorly constructed due to a severe lack of patience when it came to letting stages dry. Having them in flight saved me from having to explain why none of the helos could stand on their skids or wheels. Also the colour schemes were almost exclusively single greens and the occasional attempt at mixed green camo. Fast forward to my early twenties and I was building and painting 28mm 40k armies which ran until late twenties before it stopped. Apart from a short dalliance with the Tamiya 1:24 scale R34 Skyline which met its end during a house move when it took on a washing machine and lost, that brings be up to date and the restarting of my modelling hobby when I have the time and the peace and quiet (two girls running loose in the house means that is sometimes in short supply). So with the Airfix 1:76 Cromwell Starter and bargain basket 1/48 Tamiya Supermarine Spitfire Mk1, as well as more patience than I was graced with as a teenager, I am hoping learn lots and enjoy myself and hopefully have something to show for it at the end.

• Like 1