Hello!

Denalidave

Welcome Dave,

You have come to the right place to get tons of advice along the way. All is needed is to ask. Do you have a preference of kits, I.E Aircraft, Armor or etc. Looking forward to your builds. I myself am primarily 1/48th scale aircraft and diorama's. Have done the other forms but not as much.

Again welcome!

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

3 hours ago, f111guru said:

Welcome Dave,

You have come to the right place to get tons of advice along the way. All is needed is to ask. Do you have a preference of kits, I.E Aircraft, Armor or etc. Looking forward to your builds. I myself am primarily 1/48th scale aircraft and diorama's. Have done the other forms but not as much.

Again welcome!

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

Thanks for the warm welcome Ron. I am not sure where to go with this yet. I have enjoyed building just about anything in the past. I do like the idea of dioramas that are based on films/books. There is a AMT 1:25 Scale 1958 Plymouth Fury Christine which is apparently not a great kit but would be nice as I am a Steven King fan. Maybe things along those lines, not sure as there dont seem many kits made that are directly linked to films. Star Wars being a very obvious exception and thats a possibility too! 

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1

Ahh yes Christine. I watched that movie I don't know how many times. I do like the movie Vanishing Point, Duel, Smoky And The Bandit and The Original Series Star Trek. I've built all the main vehicles except for the truck in Duel. A fellow I went to high school with had a 70 Dodge Challenger and built the Vanishing Point car a few years back for him. Same with the Firebird TA. A Air Force troop had a Pontiac Trans AM of the same year and decor, I made for his retirement. That was a 1/16th scale MPC kit.

What's my sleeve at this point is to build diorama's of all my USAF aircraft that I put bombs on. So my first diorama I've drawn out is from Udorn RTAFB Thailand, fall of 1972, F-4D aircraft from the 405th and 432nd Tac Fight Wings. That will be 4 F-4D Phantoms. Then B-52D, FB-111A, F-4D and F-111F RAF Lakenheath and then F-111D, F-111F Cannon AFB New Mexico. The latter is many be 5 or more years out. I'll have them on the Work in Progress section when I start them.

I built this diorama for a going away/ retirement or an individual at Cannon

DoubleTrouble

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1

Hello Dave...:post1: from Chicago USA. I thought maybe you were from Alaska with a Denali screen name. Ive been A/Bing for 30+ years as have others so please feel free to ask any questions. Ive had Paasche, Tamiya, Badger, and Now have three Iwata airbrushes so have experience using them all. 

Dennis

5 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Dave...:post1: from Chicago USA. I thought maybe you were from Alaska with a Denali screen name. Ive been A/Bing for 30+ years as have others so please feel free to ask any questions. Ive had Paasche, Tamiya, Badger, and Now have three Iwata airbrushes so have experience using them all. 

Dennis

Hi Dennis, 

The Denali in the screen name comes from a love for Alaska. I have been to Denali National Park a couple of times. Its beyond any words I can put together how beautiful it is there. I live in Devon, England so not many get the Denali reference! I may well be asking you for help with airbrushing. 

Thanks again Ron, you seem to have a lot planned out and the pics you uploaded indicate you are a very accomplished diorama builder, great stuff. 

Now all I have to do is build some models! 

Cheers

Dave

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1