Fairey IIIF 1/48

On 19/12/2020 at 20:52, Anthony in NZ said:

Bigger printer...now your talking ! Big enough for a 32nd Devon??? LOL just kidding

Dh Dove initial CAD work

I started working on the above a few weeks or so ago... 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Dh Dove initial CAD work

I started working on the above a few weeks or so ago... 🙃

Ooooh.  Now isnt that not one of the prettiest aeroplanes you ever saw?

A good mate of mine has an ex RNZAF one that they got flying again and she is still kitted out with all her military guize as a navigational trainer and in her original RNZAF scheme NZ1805... Expensive aeroplane to own and operate I am told...and they own an ex RNZAF Harvard too, so it must be! Him and his Dad take them to airshows as an RNZAF Historic pair...

4rcmaq.jpg

Cheers Anthony

• Like 2

Well my 1/32 Fairey IIIF arrived this morning...WOW!

What a stunning kit.  Thanks so much for doing this in 1/32 scale. I know you are only doing 3, so this feels pretty special.  Iain and Mike, you guys wont be dissappointed!

Thanks again Ben, you are a talented guy and my heartfelt thanks

Cheers Anthony

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

1/32 Update! 

Im no longer taking any more "orders" for the 1/32 version, all of those I've already spoken to will be getting a 32 Fairey, once I have sorted out my printer issues. 

Unfortunately I had about 2 weeks of various print failures and issues, mainly the printer freezing mid way through a print.

I've contacted anycubic and I'm waiting for a response. I'm expecting it to be an issue with the motherboard which will probably need replacing, so everything is on hold until I can get the printer working.

It seems printing for (at least) several hours a day for the past 3 months has taken its toll! 

Thanks for being patient :)

Ben

• Like 1
  • 5 weeks later...

OK, another update! 

I think I've diagnosed the issue to be a faulty USB causing the printer to crash. I reformatted the USB and got it working for a day or two... 

Unfortunately, I can't just use any old USB. Anycubic Photons require a USB 2.0 with 8GB of memory or less. However, not every USB 2.0 works with anycubic printers, I've bought several USBs now, most aren't recognised and the only two that are recognised won't print from the USB. 

So far, I have about a 90% scrap rate and I can't continue wasting so much resin.

Anycubic have sent me a new motherboard that should arrive (not sure that will change anything, but I'll give it a go). I'm going to see if I can get a new USB from them too! 

On top of that, I've got a new, very exciting and very demanding role at work which means I'm going to be back on site and going up in aircraft...

All of that means I'm going to have less time for model making! Fingers crossed I can get a new USB soon :)

• Like 1

I misplaced my USB stick that came with my printer and tried a few USB sticks and couldn't get them to work. In the end I found the printer would recognise one of the SD cards I use in my digital camera in an adapter and that seems to work.

I don't know if this will help you out.

Mark

10 hours ago, FZ6 said:

I misplaced my USB stick that came with my printer and tried a few USB sticks and couldn't get them to work. In the end I found the printer would recognise one of the SD cards I use in my digital camera in an adapter and that seems to work.

I don't know if this will help you out.

Mark

Thanks Mark, I'll give that a go! 

Just a thought re: the USB sticks: it might be that the printer is only recognising USBs with certain file systems on them. I just looked at the one that came with my Phrozen printer and it's FAT32; most USBs these days use NTFS. You could try formatting one of the sticks to FAT32 and see if that works.

If all this means nothing to you, take a look here:

https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-to-format-a-usb-drive-to-fat32-on-windows-10/

- especially the bit 'How to use Windows File Explorer to format a USB drive to FAT32'.

!!! This will wipe the USB stick! Don't format anything that has data you need to keep on it !!!

I've reformatted all the USBs as FAT32 before putting any files on to print - it just won't read some USBs. I read on reddit that a few people have had the same issue 😕

Still waiting for the new motherboard to turn up...