D.S.H.O.H Door 2 "Bell AH-1 / AB-47" "M.A.S.H" 1:72 Italeri

On 8/23/2020 at 12:54 PM, The Spadgent said:

and here are the parts. 

Looks like the new Eduard kit...

Thanks for building the AH-1.  I have this kit also. Your build thread is an excellent primer on all the many small pitfalls ahead.  I am looking forward to your fine, finished, helicopter!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RAF4EVER said:

After the Blenheim mishap I didn’t want to jump into sanding so looking at the ref it seems the mash computer had no doors so that’s how I’ll do this one. So I need to mask the frame. Tamiya tape for curves and regular masking tape to the rescue.

Did they have computers in the Korean War?

Bloody auto correct. 🤣 “mash copter”

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, John Masters said:

Looks like the new Eduard kit...

Thanks for building the AH-1.  I have this kit also. Your build thread is an excellent primer on all the many small pitfalls ahead.  I am looking forward to your fine, finished, helicopter!

No problems. Hope they turn out well. 🤩

On 8/28/2020 at 10:09 AM, RAF4EVER said:

I thought so,the wonders of modern technology😀😀

Indeed. 🤪

On 8/28/2020 at 12:30 PM, Booty003 said:

That is one fine looking little kit.  The cockpit and IP look superb.  Nice one bud.

Thank you sir.

On 8/29/2020 at 8:07 PM, VT Red Sox Fan said:

Johnny, just catching up--well done so far!  Really enjoyed how you integrated both falafel & a 1:1 shed build as well 🙌 Best, Erwin 

I know. So much stuff going on it’s unreal. 😯

On 8/29/2020 at 10:16 PM, James G said:

Another cracker...I always enjoy following your builds

Thank you very kind. 😇

• Like 1

Hello you lot.

its been yet another busy week. It was our wedding anniversary. Nothing fancy due to the pandemic but we had a splendid day. I even got a gift.😍

50295186506_f6f5375349_b.jpg

The closest I’ll get to a defender this side of retirement. My Freelander 2 will do until then. 😇 
The dining room has been rearranged into a Sitting room. More places to warm ones feet the better I say.

50295186511_69f026e3b3_b.jpg

So once again modelling has taken a bit of a back seat. A small amount was done this morning before heading out with the fam on the last day out with the kids before school. 🤓 

I wasn’t very happy with the green so I decided to lighten the whole thing a little.
Here goes.

The main tail.

50294507643_664339cf71_b.jpg

And zig zag top.

50295186391_e6de877bf8_b.jpg

The main bubble got sprayed at last.

50295340142_74d0615414_b.jpg 50295186471_f62e745fdb_b.jpg

Other frame parts.

50295186566_f4c39d0a37_b.jpg

And the skids.

50295340132_da7fbe8d9d_b.jpg

I’m more happy with the colour now. Glossed again waiting for a bit of weathering tomorrow. ⛈

I also got some of the Horton done if you’re Following that build.

See you all soon. Thanks for dropping by.

Johnny.

• Like 18

On 9/1/2020 at 8:24 PM, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Really delicate work on this model!  The Bell 47 is so, so tiny!

Thanks. Yes she’s sooooo small

On 9/2/2020 at 1:42 PM, giemme said:

So you have increased your stash, redefined the fireplace area and painted some of the chopper bits...  sounds like a great week to me! :thumbsup:

Ciao 

True. 🤩

• Like 2

Good evening from castle Spadgent. 🌩

hope you are all ready for the weekend. 🤩 I attempted to glue some bit together on this little wonder.

There Aren’t many fixing points on this one so it’s a bit of guess work that’s needed.  @CedB I see what you mean about the fit. 🤨 initially I popped the main shaft on like this.

50302170167_5537211469_b.jpg

But trying to fit that assembly in place was a non starter so I popped it off and went about trying to get the top section inside the main tail structure.

This seemed to be the only way. I squeezed one but in and added some TET then lightly sanded the bits that wouldn’t fit and squeezed them in as each bit dried.

50302170047_1ceb49a058_b.jpg

Eventually I got here.

50302017396_bd4cff1aa8_b.jpg

Which looks rather good. 🤩

50301329043_69298f8a78_b.jpg

and straight.

the new light turned up too. 😇💡💡💡

50304751597_12c2517252_b.jpg

The canopy or “bubble” was the next bit to get some stick. ( sorry )

50304751637_6202c59528_b.jpg

Gators grip is just the best thing ever for clear bits. I then glued the two parts.

50304751547_8078a138f7_b.jpg

The huge chunk of wood sticking out of the main frame is a cocktail stick tip. Keeping the engine straight while I glue the top frame work.

I did manage to snap the skids. 😣 but fixed with some strip. I’ll sand and fix that up later.

50302170057_5248eb0e3e_b.jpg

They got popped on too.

50306296902_debda335ed_b.jpg

I think I’ll start the bat copter after this as the bench, although I tried to do a bit of one then put that away and a bit of another I seem to have all four out at once.

50304597826_e2a65696eb_b.jpg

It’s not bad just a little hectic. I kind of get to a point where all the kits need the spray booth. Then set it up and do that, then move on. Fun and a little scary.

Any hop that’s about it for this one. I need to scratch some panels and make a single fuel tank next. 🤩 not sure how I’m going to do the decals as I didn’t get decal paper. 🤔 I have some letters and numbers so it might have to be a bit home brew and makeshift. 😱🤗🤭😳🥳

Thanks for popping by. Hope you’re enjoying the build or maybe all four. 😱😱😱😱.

Take care gentle modelling folk.

Johnny.

• Like 21

Hi there,

I seem to have one of these on my bench at he moment which I decided to do as I'm having a wee binge watch of the T.V. series. Are you planning on milliputting (is that even a word?) the single fuel tank or are you going to do something magic with the kit ones.

I only ask as I'm a bit stuck on this one at the moment and would quite happily steal your ideas.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AliGauld said:

Hi there,

I seem to have one of these on my bench at he moment which I decided to do as I'm having a wee binge watch of the T.V. series. Are you planning on milliputting (is that even a word?) the single fuel tank or are you going to do something magic with the kit ones.

I only ask as I'm a bit stuck on this one at the moment and would quite happily steal your ideas.

Cheers,

Alistair

Ahhhh cool. I looked for a WIP. Are you doing g one? I’m planing on using the kit parts. From what I can see the tanks are just about half right and I have two.

if you hang about I’ll do those next. 🤩

• Like 2

Looking very good so far.  As an aficionado of multiple builds I have a drawer unit (Lidl I think) that I keep components in ( it also serves as my decal box, sanding bits box and stock plastic store; drawers three, four and five respectively) I also have a WIP shelf for when they won’t fit in the drawer and three or four roughly A4 boxes that I put longer term storage wip into.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looking good, Johnny. Like that fireplace too. 

Here's a link to Scalemates where you'll find pictures showing the markings.

Note the Star & Bars under the cockpit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04404-mash-bell-h-13h-helicopter--144585

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Ahhhh cool. I looked for a WIP. Are you doing g one?

No WIP I'm afraid I don't think my modelling or my nerve is up to that yet.

I'm quite happy at the moment to leech ideas from everybody else. :whistle:

Not very nice but I've got an idea for a wip I just need to steel myself and get on with it as an object lesson in how not to do things.

Cheers,

Alistair

• Like 2

The cocktail stick really does emphasise the smallness of the -47, It looks like a telegraph pole sticking through it. 

Does anyone do it in 1/24? It would probably still be too small for me.

Keep up the good work.

John

EDIT.  Don’t know why everything is being underlined, must have pressed something. I’ll have to get my secretary to sort it.

• Haha 5

I was wondering where the horror in this thread was until I realised that for the umpteenth time I had landed on that picture of the Spadgent's plates of meat! For a while I thought I had landed in an episode of Finding Bigfoot. I then wondered why the programme doesn't just go straight to Stourbridge.

Coming along nicely though.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

On 9/5/2020 at 7:55 PM, Marklo said:

Looking very good so far.  As an aficionado of multiple builds I have a drawer unit (Lidl I think) that I keep components in ( it also serves as my decal box, sanding bits box and stock plastic store; drawers three, four and five respectively) I also have a WIP shelf for when they won’t fit in the drawer and three or four roughly A4 boxes that I put longer term storage wip into.

That! Seems like a great idea.

On 9/5/2020 at 8:28 PM, giemme said:

Great progress Johnny, looking like a chopper thingy already :clap: :clap:

Ciao 

Thanks. I wish I could fly it around. So tiny. 😃

On 9/5/2020 at 8:39 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Looking good, Johnny. Like that fireplace too. 

Here's a link to Scalemates where you'll find pictures showing the markings.

Note the Star & Bars under the cockpit.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04404-mash-bell-h-13h-helicopter--144585

Thanks. It’s my favorite fire place in the house. Now my new BM reading spot. 😇

the star and bar I’m a little reluctant to add. I have looked at the one in the show and it wasn’t there. Also that one has twin tanks? All very strange.  But thank you regardless.

15 hours ago, AliGauld said:

No WIP I'm afraid I don't think my modelling or my nerve is up to that yet.

I'm quite happy at the moment to leech ideas from everybody else. :whistle:

Not very nice but I've got an idea for a wip I just need to steel myself and get on with it as an object lesson in how not to do things.

Cheers,

Alistair

Do it. It’s great fun and the help along the way is what it’s all about. For me anyway. 😇

14 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

The cocktail stick really does emphasise the smallness of the -47, It looks like a telegraph pole sticking through it. 

Does anyone do it in 1/24? It would probably still be too small for me.

Keep up the good work.

John

EDIT.  Don’t know why everything is being underlined, must have pressed something. I’ll have to get my secretary to sort it.

She is tiny. Not sure about bigger sizes but I’m sure they must do.

5 hours ago, Martian said:

I was wondering where the horror in this thread was until I realised that for the umpteenth time I had landed on that picture of the Spadgent's plates of meat! For a while I thought I had landed in an episode of Finding Bigfoot. I then wondered why the programme doesn't just go straight to Stourbridge.

Coming along nicely though.

Martian 👽

See. Horror in the most unlikely of places. 🤣🦶

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Evening you lot. More model fun today. Not too much but enough to post up.

This is the tank I was talking about.

50313593822_dcef66b7b8_b.jpg

Not exactly the same shape but close enough.

50313651787_3dbe6dedd3_c.jpg

and about the right size.

50313417521_2002ac880a_b.jpg

Now having two glued.

50313417696_6253f253cd_b.jpg

I can do some more chopping up of body parts to get the shape I want.

Hack, slash!!!😮

50313417666_afb4e5d344_b.jpg

and with a bit of TET there she is rested in place.

50313594127_420dcaffa2_b.jpg

I have use a spot of Mr Surfacer to get rid of the seam. I’ll add a bracket and fuel cap later on. 
That’s yer lot for tonight. Take care and as always, happy Modelling.

Johnny.

• Like 16