On 08/08/2020 at 15:53, billn53 said:

Excellent progress! It looks like a very nice kit, and substantially more affordable than the ZM offering. 

I paid £40 for the ZM  1/72 + 1/144 combo kit at their SMW stand last year.

To be honest, I didn't think that was extortionate; tortionate perhaps, but there are other aircraft kits that are really silly money (and I'm not pointing the finger at hasegawa or Kinetic).

As you say, progress on the revell kit looks excellent. I have a PM Go 229 to practise on before I tackle the ZM offering.

Errr ..... did I hear laughter in the back?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dogsbody said:

Dragon only did it in 1/48.

Yep I saw that on several sites like Scalemates and modellversium here, But the outline seems to be a downscaled version of the 1:48 one by Dragon. In fact the 1:72 was produced in Korea in 1994  by Revell and I'm not sure in what dimensions they cooperated with the old asian producers then.  I really can't tell you.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2020 at 9:42 PM, The Spadgent said:

I’ll start biting my nails too. 🙃

As I understand it, for these purposes You have a specially trained little dinosaur, the one on the radio:

On 8/4/2020 at 6:12 PM, The Spadgent said:

50188211076_cebc0d6913_b.jpg

???

😉😁😁

B.w. who is the manufacturer of this airbrushing paint mask,

in the upper right corner of the photo? 3M?

😁😁

About, this model. For me this model definitely comes from Dragon 1/48.

The outer lines of the panels on the engine fairings at the top you see the outer lines of the panels. Dragon in 1/48 have removable

engine fairings, 

through which engines and guns are visible when they are open. Revell simplified this point because if they did 

removable

engine fairings, 

they would have to make engines on a 72nd scale! For some reason, they didn't want to do it.  Therefore, in the cockpit of Revell 1/72 we see holes from the side, in the place where the Dragon 1/48 engines are, photoetched Eduard fixes the situation, but it costs extra money!

In addition, Revell has a strange nose that does not resemble a 

survivor

aircraft in a museum, in this case the ZM is more accurate.

B.w. Go-229 in this topic it's second edition Revell, first edition was biggest size box and other boxart & painting version.

B.R.

Serge  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/23/2020 at 10:15 AM, bar side said:

That’s just masking tape covering the cockpit internals while she got her primer coat. I don’t tend to fix the canopy & mask it, but paint it separately & fit it at the end.  Must order some paint

Ahhh got it. Yes, yes. Get paint. 🤗

On 8/23/2020 at 8:06 PM, Bejay53 said:

If I may: Here is my build from a few years ago. For a Luft '46 subject, quite a detailed kit.

spacer.png

Oooh I like that one. I wondered why the canopy Was in two halves.🤫 I might do mine like that. 

On 8/23/2020 at 8:06 PM, dogsbody said:

Dragon only did it in 1/48.

Chris

Always room for another. 🤗

On 8/23/2020 at 9:06 PM, bbudde said:

Yep I saw that on several sites like Scalemates and modellversium here, But the outline seems to be a downscaled version of the 1:48 one by Dragon. In fact the 1:72 was produced in Korea in 1994  by Revell and I'm not sure in what dimensions they cooperated with the old asian producers then.  I really can't tell you.

Cheers

Thanks.

On 8/23/2020 at 9:43 PM, Aardvark said:

As I understand it, for these purposes You have a specially trained little dinosaur, the one on the radio:

???

😉😁😁

😁😁

About, this model. For me this model definitely comes from Dragon 1/48.

The outer lines of the panels on the engine fairings at the top you see the outer lines of the panels. Dragon in 1/48 have removable

engine fairings, 

through which engines and guns are visible when they are open. Revell simplified this point because if they did 

removable

engine fairings, 

they would have to make engines on a 72nd scale! For some reason, they didn't want to do it.  Therefore, in the cockpit of Revell 1/72 we see holes from the side, in the place where the Dragon 1/48 engines are, photoetched Eduard fixes the situation, but it costs extra money!

In addition, Revell has a strange nose that does not resemble a 

survivor

aircraft in a museum, in this case the ZM is more accurate.

B.w. Go-229 in this topic it's second edition Revell, first edition was biggest size box and other boxart & painting version.

B.R.

Serge  

Yes lots of madness in the grotto. 🥳

Thanks for the info on the kit. 🤩🤗

• Like 4

Looks like this one is in line for some time being spent.

Paint in the office is next. First the nose section got primed.

50264406303_88ef302995_b.jpg

And just before dinner and a dog walk I smoothed the mud guard and primed that too.

50265059801_3f347a615c_b.jpg

Next stop interior grey. 🤗

More soon.

Thanks for all the comments. Take care and s as always Happy Modelling.

Johnny. 

• Like 11

Good looking build!

I got the ZM 1/48 kit at a model show a few years ago for $75. It was a steel! But, I had no interest in building all the interior details, so I sold it and it more than covered the cost of a 1/48 Dragon kit.😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thom216 said:

But, I had no interest in building all the interior details,

Yes, with full

skeletonization, 😁 they got a  some overdone.

B.R.

Serge

• Like 3

On ‎23‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 22:43, Aardvark said:

😁😁

just in case someone crosses Spad while he has a cask of Amontillado left...

• Haha 2

Great Fruitbat Spad...

As an Uchronic kit why not painting  in Bat man mode, It'll look great beside the Batcopter  :whistle:

After all, the Horten has already the right shape...

Did you RFI'ed the Sea Venom ?

Well, what about the multi builds ?? It's fun is'nt it ??

Keep carry on that great job !!

CC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/25/2020 at 3:08 AM, Thom216 said:

Good looking build!

I got the ZM 1/48 kit at a model show a few years ago for $75. It was a steel! But, I had no interest in building all the interior details, so I sold it and it more than covered the cost of a 1/48 Dragon kit.😉

Not a bad swap. 🤩

On 8/25/2020 at 2:48 PM, Johnny Tip said:

just in case someone crosses Spad while he has a cask of Amontillado left...

🤫🤣

16 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Great Fruitbat Spad...

As an Uchronic kit why not painting  in Bat man mode, It'll look great beside the Batcopter  :whistle:

After all, the Horten has already the right shape...

Did you RFI'ed the Sea Venom ?

Well, what about the multi builds ?? It's fun is'nt it ??

Keep carry on that great job !!

CC

Ha. Probs not Batmanerise this one. I haven’t had chance to take the pics on the Venom as yet. Multi builds are fun. A little difficult to focus but fun. 😇

• Like 4

On 23/08/2020 at 21:43, Aardvark said:

It is a plague mask, used by doctors during the Black Death. The beak was stuffed with herbs, to fend off the bad humours thought to carry the desiese. Doctors used to demand their fee in advance  against the patient shuffle off this mortal coil before they had paid.

This of course, raises the alarming possibility that any one of us unfortunate to get Covid could get a surprise visit from Johnny wearing his mask and asking for cash before he can treat us. Don't listen to him, he's not a doctor and is just doing it as a part time job to finance his stash enlargement programme. The best way to deal with this situation is to shout the name of the principal character in the Scottish Play. He will then depart at a rapid rate of knots, muttering a strange mantra and tweaking his nose to ward off evil spirits.

Cautious of Mars 👽

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Martian said:

He will then depart at a rapid rate of knots, muttering a strange mantra and tweaking his nose to ward off evil spirits.

Rumour has it that he is to be spotted walking the environs of Clent and Wychbury exhibiting just this sort of behaviour regardless of said character's name being muttered - just a rumour of course....

• Haha 1

It is a plague mask, used by doctors during the Black Death.

Martian, come on! I know very well what it is ...

The beak was stuffed with herbs, to fend off the bad humours thought to carry the desiese.

Good marketing idea for today's environment! 😁😉 To release a mask with a beak stuffed with herbs 😉 so that the doctor is always in a good mood! 😁😁 At the same time, this problem:

45 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Funny thing my GP now demands payment before talking to me these days, should I be worried.

can be minimized, 😁because when  are in a great mood  don’t think about money!😁

But there is a real risk 🤔 that the doctor in such a mask with herbs

will not treat the patient, but will only sit next to him and giggle silly!

😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 28/08/2020 at 11:37, Aardvark said:

But there is a real risk 🤔 that the doctor in such a mask with herbs

will not treat the patient, but will only sit next to him and giggle silly!

A bit like being on Britmodeller then!

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

On 8/28/2020 at 4:01 AM, opus999 said:

Don't know how this got past me, but I'll watch this one!  Neat plane... can't wait to see what  you do with it.  I've got one in the stash too...

She’s a really great kit so far that’s for sure. Glad to have you along. 😇

On 8/28/2020 at 9:42 AM, Martian said:

It is a plague mask, used by doctors during the Black Death. The beak was stuffed with herbs, to fend off the bad humours thought to carry the desiese.

This of course, raises the alarming possibility that any one of us unfortunate to get Covid could get a surprise visit from Johnny wearing his mask and asking for cash before he can treat us. Don't listen to him, he's not a doctor and is just doing it as a part time job to finance his stash enlargement programme. The best way to deal with this situation is to shout the name of the principal character in the Scottish Play. He will then depart at a rapid rate of knots, muttering a strange mantra and tweaking his nose to ward off evil spirits.

Cautious of Mars 👽

Thanks my Martian Friend. 🤩 I picked the mask up years ago in Verona. I always thought it looked kinda creepy. I only wear it on the odd occasion. 👺

On 8/28/2020 at 10:46 AM, Marklo said:

Money up front for medical aid is a time honoured tradition dating back to the Greeks and Romans.

Funny thing my GP now demands payment before talking to me these days, should I be worried.

Nahhhh you’ll be fine....

probably. 🥴

On 8/28/2020 at 11:31 AM, Jinxman said:

Rumour has it that he is to be spotted walking the environs of Clent and Wychbury exhibiting just this sort of behaviour regardless of said character's name being muttered - just a rumour of course....

🤫 I’m saying nothing. 

On 8/29/2020 at 8:10 PM, VT Red Sox Fan said:

Coming together nicely Johnny, best Erwin

Thanks Erwin.

• Haha 2

Good evening you lot. It’s been another busy week at work. Hence the lack of updates but I have a few days off so fingers crossed for some plastic fantastic. 🤩 A bit of paint was laid down this morning. I have to do the internals before I can button her up so. “Black”

50294509418_864f8bf7ae_b.jpg

And inside the office.

50295341587_111d4f2d1b_b.jpg

aaaand the under crackers.

50295341582_4c2f39cab5_b.jpg

The guns got a blast.

50294509448_0efdb935c4_b.jpg

as did the jets.

50295341817_c1a848f46d_b.jpg

This will be a kind of pre shade base for the RLM grey.

the UC internals.

50295188006_70fe71c5f8_b.jpg

And the underside of the office.

50295341577_523e6d2fc6_b.jpg

The main tub.

50295341767_82fa170468_b.jpg

base seat colour.  I need to add belts and other colours.

50295341757_ea8b21bc50_b.jpg

This little fella that sits behind the IP.

50295188001_90fc83a5d5_b.jpg

And the IP that I just didn’t take a pic of. 🤪🤨

Also while I had the colour in the pit I did the wheel wells.

50295341712_540bc66835_b.jpg

That all got a blast of gloss ready for some weathering. 🤩

Thats it for the Horton but for @corsaircorp I have found a cheap one of these at long last.

50295341612_ce277bd00d_b.jpg

I’ll be modelling Christened while she was for sale In Mr Le-bay’s front yard. To this end I ordered this.

50295188021_2fe3c0964d_b.jpg

A special mention to @CedB (I know how much he loves hood tools). There is one made by RP-Toolz which I’m sure is great but so expensive. £20 for one type of leaf at one scale. I found this on Etsy and I must say I’m super impressed.

50294509173_d30cb2a888_b.jpg

they do have lots of different types but this mixed one seemed good for what I needed and at a tenner great value.

I didn’t Use dried leaves yet

but on a post it I was super impressed.

50295341802_107ab49c52_b.jpg

🤩🤩🤩🍁🍂

Can’t wait for some run down Fury action. ❤️ 

Thanks for dropping by.

Happy modelling. Johnny.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

The guns got a blast.

I read this too quick and thought it said "the guns were a blast", which seemed like a bad pun. :D 

Good to see a little progress.  I know, darn work gets in the way.... oh, wait...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1