ARMA Hobby, 1/72 Wildcat #70032, Seat Belt question?

Zack

Hi,

The kit just arrived and I am a big smile :)

For unknown reasons (not true - simply  not enough research) I opted for the additional Yahu IP but omitted the seat belts.

The kit comes with stencil seat belts.
How do you guys deal with those?
Transfer to plastic card?

Cut out and use with the paper backing?

Stay safe and happy modelling!

Zack

4 hours ago, Zack said:

How do you guys deal with those?

If you can find a local dentist that still uses  standard X-ray film, you could ask him for the lead foil squares that are found on one side of the film negative after the film was exposed; this foil is very soft and malleable- easy to cut and if you press it firmly against a suitably textured hard surface, it will hold a pattern and makes excellent seat cushions, soundproofing, etc., and placed over a ribbed surface, it makes excellent corrugated panels for wheel bays.  I got a lifetime supply from my dentist several years ago, but almost all dentists nowadays have gone to digital X-rays, so they might be hard to find. See the linked video to what the foil looks like. Hoping this info might be useful to you and others.

Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPulPRbVcWs

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zack said:

Cut out and use with the paper backing?

Or use them as a template for masking tape. You could even PVA glue them on top of the tape.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for your suggestions, going to try the wine bottle option for starters but with Xerox copies of the decal sheet as a backup for masking tape. 

Thank you for taking your time  with this!

Very best regards and Happy modelling!
Remember - Stay  home, stay safe, stay sane - it ain't over until the f*t lady sings!

Zack