Short CLEAN Jokes IV -Just when you thought it couldn't get any worser

Truro Model Builder

My wife shared a story about a courier driver who dropped in on a couple to see if everything was ok because there was no delivery from Amazon for the wife that day. Then she said, that reminds me of you dear. I don't  know what she was on about. I've never been a courier driver. ;)

Steve.

• Haha 4

On 02/04/2022 at 04:54, Kiwidave4 said:

A few years ago I invented beach footwear for people with one leg.

It was a flop.

:facepalm: :wall:To stevehnz, RAF4EVER, jenko and the 8 others, you should be ashamed of yourselves and must stop encouraging Kiwidave4

:lol:

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Tony C said:

:facepalm: :wall:To stevehnz, RAF4EVER, jenko and the 8 others, you should be ashamed of yourselves and must stop encouraging Kiwidave4

It all depends on which leg,if it'd been a flip it'd be a marketing winner..

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tony C said:

I tried but didn't have a leg to stand on.

Dick

• Haha 3

One night at the dinner table, a wife commented, "When we were first married, you took the small piece of steak and gave me the larger. Now you take the large one and leave me the smaller. You don't love me any more..."

"Nonsense, darling," replied the husband, "you just cook better now."

Simon.

• Haha 11

10 hours ago, Tony C said:

In my neck of the woods the footwear in question is known as a jandal, so basically the joke - I use the term loosely - only works in the UK.

While we like to claim the jandal as a Kiwi original I believe they were actually designed by a Frenchman - Phillipe Fallope.

• Haha 15

An Englishman is chatting with a French friend and starts to recount him his concerns about recent news regarding the British Royal Family:

"Did you know that Harry just left his castle to go to the USA? It's rather disrupting, isn't it?"

and the Frenchman answers:

"No, I didn't know. I do agree it is.

"What did they think about when they spread out the school holidays in such a disruptive way at Hogwarts?"

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, ErikT said:

It works in Canada too.  I still look at my cousins from the US funny when they call flip flops "thongs."

Pumps is another example, it's only recently I discovered that in the context of footwear the America and British meanings are very different:

UK - flat soled soft shoes, historically used for indoor sport before trainers (or sneakers if you prefer) became popular in the 80s. Could most commonly be seen on the feet of school children in PE lessons.

US - women's high heeled shoes (but not boots)

• Like 1

Best friends graduating from medical school at the same time decided that in spite of two different specialties, they would open a practice together to share office space and personnel. Dr. Smith was the psychiatrist and Dr. Jones was the proctologist; they put up a sign reading: Dr. Smith and Dr. Jones: Hysterias and Posteriors. The town council was livid and insisted they change it. The docs changed it to read: Schizoids and Hemorrhoids. This was also not acceptable so they again changed the sign to read Catatonics and High Colonics - no go. Next they tried Manic Depressives and Anal Retentives - thumbs down again.Then came Minds and Behinds - still no good. Another attempt resulted in Lost Souls and Butt Holes – unacceptable again! So they tried Nuts and Butts - no way. Freaks and Cheeks - still no good. Loons and Moons - forget it. Almost at their wit's end, the docs finally came up with: Dr. Smith and Dr. Jones - Specializing in Odds and Ends.

Simon.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

When I see lovers' names carved in a tree, I don't think it's sweet.

I just think it's surprising how many people bring a knife on a date.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 09/04/2022 at 13:25, -Ian- said:

Pumps is another example, it's only recently I discovered that in the context of footwear the America and British meanings are very different:

UK - flat soled soft shoes, historically used for indoor sport before trainers (or sneakers if you prefer) became popular in the 80s. Could most commonly be seen on the feet of school children in PE lessons.

US - women's high heeled shoes (but not boots)

.Pumps is daps.

We call them daps in South Wales. Well I still call them daps even though I don;t live in South Wales any more.

• Like 1

A woman goes to the local psychic in hopes of contacting her dearly departed grandmother. The psychic's eyelids begin fluttering, her voice begins warbling, her hands float up above the table, and she begins moaning. Eventually, a coherent voice emanates, saying, "Granddaughter? Are you there?"

The customer, wide-eyed and on the edge of her seat, responds, "Grandmother? Is that you?"

"Yes granddaughter, it's me."

"It's really, really you, grandmother?", the woman repeats.

"Yes, it's really me, granddaughter."

The woman looks puzzled, "You're sure it's you, grandmother?"

"Yes, granddaughter, I'm sure it's me."

The woman pauses a moment, "Grandmother, I have just one question for you."

"Anything, my child."

"Grandmother, when did you learn to speak English?"

Simon.

• Haha 5