sukhoi Su- 22UM3 - DDR - SCALE 1/48

- Coincidentaly, after the excellent KORALIK64 this is another Fitter two-seater. in 1/48  scale

- This one is from  HOBBY-BOSS. I had this in my stash, the one from KITTY-HAWK definitely better.

- The ladder , platform and wheels shocks are from a new brand (to me) 3D printed stuff.

DwHEY6.jpg

9KN3Jc.jpg

dnBN2u.jpg

RTXAq8.jpg

nhupJN.jpg

uWri7i.jpg

XM7F1M.jpg

CNNNEK.jpg

• Like 28

Utterly convincing, well-used Su-22!

May I suggest that the spanking new looking ladder'n'stuff might appear more convincing with a similar expert level of weathering? 😉

Marvellous Sukhoi!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Utterly convincing, well-used Su-22!

May I suggest that the spanking new looking ladder'n'stuff might appear more convincing with a similar expert level of weathering? 😉

Marvellous Sukhoi!

Kind regards,

Joachim

- Oh yes you'r awfully right it seems I had spent too much time the nose on the kit and  was eager to end this building for another challenge. I will spray some matt varnish to alleviate the glossy brand new effect;

Very nice build of a lesser seen subject, looks very convincing!

I especially like the panel line wash in a light colour that shows up nicely but subtly on the dark camouflage colours. That's a technique I've been meaning to try myself, would you share some tips and details?

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Very nice build of a lesser seen subject, looks very convincing!

I especially like the panel line wash in a light colour that shows up nicely but subtly on the dark camouflage colours. That's a technique I've been meaning to try myself, would you share some tips and details?

- Thank you

- The ingraving being very light on this kit the traditionnals washes are difficult to fix in it so I used white oil paint direct from the tube with a flat brush and rubb the surfaces  till the white paint remain in the ingraving only the rest being extended to visually desappear  which has the advantage to give a subtile greyish shade to de camouflage rendering some effect of general  weathering to the whole then  sprayed matt varnish.It works perfecly on dark surfaces.

- I think it will be unvisible on clear under surfaces and using dark oil paint will darken  the clear shade but it could be interesting to try

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IPMS19 said:

Is that you wanted my friend ? Enjoy

Yeah!

Wow, what a great sight!

Congrats to your Fitter Family album :thumbsup:

They all look realistic, great colors !!

If I remember cortectly   that is 1 KH ( Soviet) and 2 HB?

1 hour ago, exdraken said:

Yeah!

Wow, what a great sight!

Congrats to your Fitter Family album :thumbsup:

They all look realistic, great colors !!

If I remember cortectly   that is 1 KH ( Soviet) and 2 HB?

You re right the KH is a bit more difficult to build but  the  final result is better

• Like 1

14 hours ago, James G said:

Lovely Fitters! Super builds all.  I like the look of the 3D accessories, where did you get them please?

- I bought them from Hannants. The result is striking, it is a real progress compared to the photo etched set, no headache to fix the parts together and most of all this put a end to the flat cylindrical parts technically impossible with photoetched parts.

• Thanks 1