Airfix FW190 1:72

Thank you gents for the kind comments. These are lovely vfm Airfix kits. Even at this small scale they don't look too bad. With these I can't see the microscopic decals recommended so I don't apply them,  Thet largest decals I do use . I don't think  it makes the end result any less worthy? 

I would ,at a larger scale , go all out though. I saw an excellent 1:32 scale Dora posted very recently, it was a stunner Indeed! 

Edited by Col Walter E Kurtz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brigbeale said:

Excellent work.

I umm’d and ahh’d about buying this kit in Aldi. Then I saw a KittyHawk in RAF markings and that was that.....

Yes Beagle.. a good buy I'd say! 

Im old enough to remember doing the card and plastic bagged Airfix kits in the late 60s and 70s usually from Woolworths. I think they were usually priced at 25 New Pence! They seemed huge models at the time to me as a small child..we could never afford the Humbrol enamels so .. had some .very unusual cammo schemes using whatever was available!  I did do a Wessex Heicopter i n Flouro Orange and dark blue once.. as my dad had the orange flouro for his fishing floats! Lol Happy Days indeed! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I remember my FW190 being the Matchbox version. Those were the days....

With reference To the colour schemes, it reminded me of the Beaufighter that I’ve recently bought for restoration.

OtWuaPv.jpg

Brian

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Matchbox... they did the kits which had different coloured spues? My Twin brother did a Phantom F4  "3 -Colour" kit. They must have been an Xmas or Birthday present..  oh yes i do recall.. I did a Matchbox Lysander ! 

I found some plastic A2A missiles in the loft recently and i believe they come from the F4 Matchbox kit as they are missing 1 fin .

Hi Col,

good work you did on this 190. Spirals were a b...h to fit when you built the kit, and I am sorry to say they re still a b...h today! So well done as it looks like a very nice spiral, and you must have sweated to get it just so!

Unfortunately we don't have any Aldi around here. Shame... 

The only FW 190 I ever built was the Long Nose from Airfix in a plastic bag, and the Long Nose from Italeri several years later. I got the Airfix 190 A-8, but the boxing with the snake. For later this year.

Anyway, thanks for showing us your model.

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Col,

good work you did on this 190. Spirals were a b...h to fit when you built the kit, and I am sorry to say they re still a b...h today! So well done as it looks like a very nice spiral, and you must have sweated to get it just so!

Unfortunately we don't have any Aldi around here. Shame... 

The only FW 190 I ever built was the Long Nose from Airfix in a plastic bag, and the Long Nose from Italeri several years later. I got the Airfix 190 A-8, but the boxing with the snake. For later this year.

Anyway, thanks for showing us your model.

JR

My pleasure. I think it was a fair attempt at the spiral..don't think it's as good as it could be .. like trying to train spaghetti to stay in one place lol.! 

• Like 1