1/48 Battle of Britain pilot + Dog

Doccur

Hi all, 

first post in this area of the forum! 

I wonder if anybody can help me. I am looking for a standing figure of an RAF pilot with a dog to stand next to a Spitfire I i will be building. Preferably resin. 

Thank in advance 

Ash

Haven't seen one in 1/48, although I did see just the ticket in 1/24. May have to get one myself.

Not resin, but Revell did a nice set of 1/48 RAF figures which included a dog. Might be worth a try if there are no resin figures are available. I'm looking around for WW2 USAAF air and ground crew. I thought that would be easy, but finding good figures in 1/48 is more difficult than I thought it would be.

Edit: Were the Revell RAF figures a re-box of the ICM set?

Steve

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, fightersweep said:

Haven't seen one in 1/48, although I did see just the ticket in 1/24. May have to get one myself.

Not resin, but Revell did a nice set of 1/48 RAF figures which included a dog. Might be worth a try if there are no resin figures are available. I'm looking around for WW2 USAAF air and ground crew. I thought that would be easy, but finding good figures in 1/48 is more difficult than I thought it would be.

Edit: Were the Revell RAF figures a re-box of the ICM set?

Steve

The Revell figures are a re-box of the ICM set. 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-02620-pilots-and-ground-crew-royal-air-force-wwii--131855 

Edited by Stephen
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Thanks Stephen! It's funny, but I've sometimes seen the Revell set go for silly money on eBay, yet the ICM set seems to be readily available. Possibly the best option for the op then.

Steve

• Thanks 1

I did find an Airwaves white metal figure that may be suitable but might be hard to find

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/airwaves-a7-raf-pilot-and-dog-wwii--964586

and a search for 1/48 resin dog model kit might help as there are WW2 RAF pilots available in 1/48

The ICM/Revell figures do sound like your best bet though. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Doccur said:

Thanks all, looks like the ICM one looks like it fits the bill despite being plastic. 

It may well be that the ICM plastic figures could be very good. Afraid I haven't seen them in the flesh myself.  I only say this as I have been rounding up WW2 USAAF figures in 1/48, mostly ground crew, for a planned diorama. There isn't as much readily available as I thought, which is strange, as when I built a similar themed diorama for a museum in 1992, there was lots of choice. The best figures I have found so far were some of the old Verlinden resin figures. Beautifully cast and detailed. Yet some other resin figures I picked up turned out to be oddly proportioned and very basic and reminded me of the old 1/32 Airfix soldiers. Out of the plastic figures, most have been quite nice, except an Eduard USAAF set I bought that suffers from some bad sink marks in all the figures. To summarise, I've found all the figures I've bought to be very hit and miss, whether plastic or resin. Shame the Verlinden stuff isn't on the shelves anymore though. They were fab!

Steve

Some ICM 1/48 figures to make your mind up :)

They did a P-51 with crew (that Tamiya .. ahem - inspired - one), and the crew is also available separately:
y4m_Qe3BmGlga-Ofs6TKvJHH34c5G6jmbdS-zoSg

y4mNDZnbJi2Z5Krh6Gb8yDWLeiva4aTL2ukHAhBX

5 figures in total.

y4myHjQkgYfZI-6S7bgWCesH7DmSwpAHDgbuQSsO

The RAF set is more elaborate:

y4mDV7tzNzpRGxMZ5WMh8c0beBhgYos0VnIWEima

Comes with some ground equipment & scaffolding:

y4mmf1b2r1XHNDYyyZN4kaCM6bFitGb0upsseteW

Yes, with dog, a very nice Setter :) and WAAF.

y4mYY_Gu9yRH6KLzIhN6QKtnJkAUTLBCFNNXo8sz

y4mDE5lLAvuuhIwLv9dkxm8WVYTfDSN3byfs5Y5B

There's two different 1/48 German WWII sets, one older with ground crew & German Shepherd dog, and the more recent one has an obvious Galland-inspired figure :P

y4m_VJMKRJ1_OuUVu7jnpb7r1kXOar8Vy0n_AiWJ

No dog here, sorry :)