28mm Napoleonic Lancers

Hi all,Hope everyone is keeping well,I have just finished these 28mm Victrix plastic French Napoleonic Imperial Guard Lancers,They are some of the nicest sculpts I have painted,and the horses are excellent,I'm sorry my painting and photography does not do them justice.Anyway thanks for looking.

Cheers Jim.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Nice work JIm as always, They do seem to be excellently posed and detailed figures, I think Victrix are getting better with each new release.

Thanks Andy,Yes you are sure right,and the nice thing for your country is they are made in Great Britain.

Jim.

• Like 1

Jim, 

there is a company called Renedra, who do most of the plastic injection moulding for wargame manufacturers in the UK. I was told at a wargames show last year the trouble is that they are so busy that the manufacturers can't get things out quickly enough. Companies are looking for alternatives and Warlord are starting to use an injection resin. Their latest stuff is out using this and they have announced a lot more to follow. The drawback seems to be that they are one piece castings so less individuality and scope for simple reposing.  I haven't seen them in real life so I can't comment on the quality.

Take care mate

Andy

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 5:27 PM, Silver Fox said:

Jim, 

there is a company called Renedra, who do most of the plastic injection moulding for wargame manufacturers in the UK. I was told at a wargames show last year the trouble is that they are so busy that the manufacturers can't get things out quickly enough. Companies are looking for alternatives and Warlord are starting to use an injection resin. Their latest stuff is out using this and they have announced a lot more to follow. The drawback seems to be that they are one piece castings so less individuality and scope for simple reposing.  I haven't seen them in real life so I can't comment on the quality.

Take care mate

Andy

Thanks Andy,I'm sure I've seen the resin figures on a whats in the box on a youtube sight,and the guy was not overly impressed,to me the hands looked a little over sized,and the poses did not look all that well also,Would like to see them up close before I invest in any,Will wait and see.

I just bought some more Claymore metal Medieval archers and other figures,Now these guys really now how to put a Ton of detail in such a small figure.Will try and put up some pics in work in progress.

Thanks for the feed back.Hope you are keeping well,Down here we have had another wave of out/break,things are looking so bleak.

Keep Well,Jim.