1/32 - Sopwith One and a Half Strutter by Roden - released - new boxing

Homebee

Roden is likely to release mid 2022 a 1/32nd Sopwith One and a Half Strutter kit - ref. 635

Source: https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=11367.0

Roden has announced it is resuming production of WW1 aircraft kits and our Forum's poll (link) on the most wanted new kits has been an influence in their decision to resume WW1 production.
Roden President Vladimir Chumak has been greatly encouraged by our poll and our enthusiasm for Roden to produce new WW1 aircraft kits and says the first of the new kits is likely to be released early next year.
At this stage they are focusing on 1/32 scale to test the market, and I'm delighted to say our forum poll number one wish- the Spad XIII - has been added to the likely first new releases. Two other poll highlights- the Avro 504K and Sopwith One and a Half Strutter - comprise the intended first three releases. The sequence of releases is yet to be decided.
Roden's return to new production of WW1 aircraft is a consequence of Wingnuts closing down and our Forum has been a major influence in the decision, which I think is a world first for model websites! Well done everyone and huge thanks to you all for your support of the Roden poll.
Vladimir says Roden have been closely following our forum and taking note of the forum members' wishes and this is significant.
At this stage Roden are not committing themselves on new 1/48 and 1/72 scale subjects but if the customer demand is there and we support them with sales, all things are possible.
This is all great news for the Forum and I'm very proud of what our online community has achieved.
More details will be published later but in the meantime celebrate the news that more 1/32 aircraft kits are on the way!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia 

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

I thoroughly enjoyed building Roden's 1/48 Strutter version, even though I did convert it from a single seater to a twin (I had my reasons!)

Good to see another firm taking up the mantle.

Ray

• 6 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Sopwith One and a Half Strutter by Roden - in project - release mid-2022

Source: https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=12698.msg236807#msg236807

Roden have just advised me that they are proceeding with development of two more 1/32 scale WW1 kits for 2022.
The Spad XIII Late will be released first (link) but Vladimir says the Sopwith One and a Half Strutter is now definitely on the production list for a mid-2022 release and they confirm a 1/32 scale Avro 504 will be released toward the end of the year.
Vladimir says Roden is persevering with its re-launched WW1 line, despite sales of the Spad XIII Early falling short of their hopes.
Roden re-launched its WW1 production line after a detailed Forum poll identified the wanted kits.
The message here is clear folks- if we want Roden and the other manufacturers to deliver more plastic goodness we need to be supporting them as much as possible.
Large scale WW1 aircraft still have a future thanks to Roden, Copper State and Lukgraph leading the field and a new Aviattic kit in development too.  There's still plenty of wind under the wings for our hobby!
Dave Wilson - Gold Coast - Australia

V P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Sopwith One and a Half Strutter by Roden - in project - release in 2023 ?
  • 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Sopwith One and a Half Strutter by Roden - box art+schemes+decals - release in 2023

Just ordered a couple. No doubt the decals won't be the best but even if Hannants list it soon with a preorder option it would have to be around the £50 full RRP to even compete with Jadlam and if Bachmann are at £70 then this is a real stunner. And free postage for orders over £30 to. 

1 hour ago, Paul Thompson said:

Aviattic, if there seems to be any chance of breaking even and we ask nicely.

Paul.

I emailed Richard yesterday and he said that he wasn’t interested- too expensive against potential return. He didn’t think that Pastor John would do anything either even though he’s releasing some 1/32 WWI roundels soon. 
Oh for Pheon and Rowan, ah well.☹️

• Sad 2

I thoght, I'd wait for the single-seater version with french decals („Ariel“ and „Y’en a bon“), but I know for certain, all my patience will be futile and in vain: As there's a version flown by Collishaw, now all that sells is there. ☹️

Edited by RHWinter

21 minutes ago, Simon Cornes said:

I emailed Richard yesterday and he said that he wasn’t interested- too expensive against potential return. He didn’t think that Pastor John would do anything either even though he’s releasing some 1/32 WWI roundels soon. 
Oh for Pheon and Rowan, ah well.☹️

Bummer. Still, in that scale even clumsy me has been known to print suitable decals, so if the Roden options don't work, or duplicate what I have in smaller scales already, at least there're do-able solutions.

Paul.

• Like 1

Sound like cottage industry inventiveness will be required again. Looking at the Windsock data files there are some interesting options and I’m now thinking of the single seaters- maybe I need a third Roden kit before the prices go silly as I’m sure they must!!

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/32 - Sopwith One and a Half Strutter by Roden - released