Pocher 1/4 Ducati resuscitated

Hi all I decided to resurrect this model. Not sure which way I'm going yet, tricolour, rat bike or maybe another custom job. 

I actually quite like how it looks with the covers off and dusty it kind of looks naturally neglected 

IMG-3902.jpg
IMG-3903.jpg
IMG-3900.jpg
IMG-3899.jpg

IMG-3908.jpg
IMG-3906.jpg
IMG-3905.jpg
IMG-3901.jpg
IMG-3904.jpg
IMG-3907.jpg

• Like 3

It is Andy it makes the porche look like a dinky toy its over 1/2 a metre long 520mm(it's also very heavy being diecast the engine alone weighs 3.1 kilos) 

I did think about that jeroen but want a bit more work to do on it.

I'm having a very hard time thinking you are pulling our leg and this is a full sized bike!  You've got a really big dresser... and coffee mug... and glue bottle?  Wow!

More rebuilding of the engine (I really think I'm getting the hang of making plastic look like metal) I already like the look of the whole thing over the look of the original engine, I thought I had slightly over weathered the first build so I'm cutting back a bit on that 
IMG-4038.jpg
IMG-4039.jpgIMG-4036.jpg
IMG-4037.jpg
IMG-4034.jpg
IMG-4035.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, kpnuts said:

(I really think I'm getting the hang of making plastic look like metal)

I think you do. Specifically in the first 2 pictures the object does really look like made from metal.

What did you use to get this effect?

Btw, I can’t help but notice that you always have a, let’s say, lively scenery on your pictures😀

I use a mix of silver (well aluminium colour) white and grey paint I shade with the white and grey then I get some uschi metal powder and a very soft brush (actually one of my wifes blusher brushes(we wont tell her about that though)) and I gently buff it up using the powders, the only downside of this is dont handle it too much as it comes off and leaves finger prints you cant laquer it as it changes and just looks like grey paint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought you were posting reference pics of the real bike.  DAMN that's good!  Amazing work!  

JCH

P.S. I ordered some Uschi metal powder.  Thanks!

They are really versatile. You want brake dust just sprinkle a bit round the the calipers and there you go, mix with talcum powder 50/50 flick on wheel arches road dirt, mix with white spirit let it run down fork legs, leaky fork seals I've found literally dozens of uses for them, and they last for yrs (and I mean yrs I've had this pot for three yrs and still have a third of a pot ) I love the stuff.

• Like 1

Hi all started the first bit of surgery on the Ducati (no going back now) 

IMG-4112.jpg

I just hope the new paint job works.

I put a 1/9 bike in front of this behemoth to show how big it is.

IMG-4104.jpg

IMG-4110.jpg
IMG-4103.jpg
IMG-4106.jpg
IMG-4105.jpg
IMG-4107.jpg
IMG-4108.jpg

I'm aiming for a subtle shade paint job, a sort of echo back to my favourite bike I ever owned (not a Ducati who could afford one) but my beloved honda 750 K4 (I know they didn't do it in the colour I'm depicting but I'm hoping the subtle added shade will work)

• Like 2