Hello from East Scotland

ChristopherMc

Hi folks,

I used to build models years ago when I was a teenager but stopped for some reason, probably after discovering beer. Been watching a lot of scale model videos on youtube over the last year and decided to jump in feet first as the Lancaster that my wife bought me for Christmas was sitting unbuilt on top of the book case. In the process of putting it together now, the 1/72 airfix kit, and have a 1/32 F-4U1A from Revell as a test bed for painting/weathering techniques. Just ordered a lot of other weathering/environment stuff on top of what I already have and waiting on a stack of 1/72 WW1 kits coming. I'm an aviation nut but I also used to enjoy building American classic car models so may buy one or two to start. My main creative outlet for years has been cartooning but as I move more into making that a career I needed to pick up another expensive hobby which would fit into my small studio workspace. Looking forward to engaging with the community and learning as I go. 

Christopher

• Like 4

Ah Sunny Dunbar,  - the open air swimming pool, the lifeboat and the castle, the paddle boats - Well it was the late 1950's !!

Happy holidays though

Glad to have you on board and welcome back to the hobby.  An ex Edinburgh refugee here and now in the Borders.  You will find that beer also comes up in conversations on here :post1: