Avro Lancaster B.III - Airfix 1/72

Dear comrades...

This is one of my favourites aircrafts and making this is a very special for me. I made this model during the lockdown here in Spain.

I used to build 1/48 models, and this is my first 1/72 since my childhood :) The kit doesn't have the best quality... but is acceptable.

I've added several Eduard photo etched parts (flaps, interior, exteriors, bomb bay, etc...), Quickboost gun barrels, CMK engine set, etc...

Here yoy can see the entire album:

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPLMNYf

FjvPB7b.jpg

ZZ2ne6f.jpg

1vydoyK.jpg

D9tG5wG.jpg

RPdhTR6.jpg

oirtQyJ.jpg

lJYooIG.jpg

MuxLIoW.jpg

Edited by Davilovick
  • Like 49
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Wow! Nicely done. One small issue: the area under the rear of the cockpit canopy should be Dark Green, the same as the colour outside the canopy.

Chris

Yap, I've forgot to paint this area, and whem I've realised that I've glued the fuselage 😕

Thanks!

A very neat finish to a kit I have had to struggle with.

Your efforts have obviously met with more success! 

My fourth attempt arrived from Hannants this afternoon, followed half an hour later with a six weeks lockdown announcement by our fearless state leader.

With guards roaming the streets, cats and dogs going mad, humans allowed outside for one hour a day, the constabulary empowered to come into your home at any time, helicopters above and who knows what below and an 8pm curfew, I think I'll set the new Lanc aside and go back to the Aifix Spitfire....

Michael

Edited by Michael51

6 hours ago, Davilovick said:

Yap, I've forgot to paint this area, and whem I've realised that I've glued the fuselage 😕

Thanks!

Ah! One of those Oh :poop: ! moments. Who amongst us hasn't had a few of those. No worries! Your build is excellent.

Also, Airfix tells you to paint it black. They need to get their fecal matter together and get it right.

49670367552_45c93531f0_c.jpg

Chris

• Haha 1