Referencing the no pic posting

I post describing what I doing as I go along and mention that I will be posting an image later so people know progress is being made on the build.  I always follow up with further progress with a photo attached. The reason for this is to avoid filling up my flicker account with unnecessary images and still keep people who are following the build informed of the models progress. There is nothing wrong with that. There is a lot of posts here that aren't even about the model in the thread they post in. There is nothing wrong with that either. At least my posts inform people about my progress. 

• Like 1

We get that during a build it’s an update. We don’t get the logic of the initial post of a WIP or RFI having no images whatsoever. Not much progress being shown and nothing there to inspect for any other forum user whose interest has been piqued. Therefore what is the rush to post before there is anything to see?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

The reason for this is to avoid filling up my flicker account with unnecessary images 

Trying to stay below the 1000 image limit before you have ti start paying for it?

Chris

2 hours ago, Greg Law said:

The reason for this is to avoid filling up my flicker account with unnecessary images

That doesn’t make sense. 

Only up load the pics you intend to use to your image hosting site. Then compose your text and make the post. 

• Like 9

On 8/1/2020 at 11:27 PM, dogsbody said:

Trying to stay below the 1000 image limit before you have ti start paying for it?

Chris

I have two Flickr accounts (I lost my password for the first one then found it again!), just register an email account with gmail, live or any of the other providers and sign up again. If all you are using it for is linking photos to sites like this you could probably manage for quite a while even on just one.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

I have two Flickr accounts (I lost my password for the first one then found it again!), just register an email account with gmail, live or any of the other providers and sign up again. If all you are using it for is linking photos to sites like this you could probably manage for quite a while even on just one.

I have over 2100 in my account.

Chris

52 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:
On 01/08/2020 at 23:27, dogsbody said:

Cheer's rumblestripe, I automatically got a gmail account with my chromebook so another 1000 photos to play with now!

Try Imgur. It's free. And I think unlimited. I used to be able to post pictures up directly, but recently I seem to have lost my mojo somehow. Instead of an image, it posts up a link that you have to click on to, though at least viewers can get to see what I'm on about. I blame my senile decay.