It`s that Old SOD Conkey again!

Just a quick update before I head off down to the shed for what I hope will be a leisurely morning of plastic based fun since the "Leg Iron" is off to visit her Granddaughter!

spacer.png

Earlier in the week I got a shot of clear on top of the silver in the fighting compartment. Yesterday II went to work with the Flory!! I also fitted the Gunners safety shield, this was designed to prevent him being "Scoffed by the Recoil Monster" during moments of heightened excitement! The Operator also had to keep his wits about him because the "Recoil Monster" and the "Traverse Monster" could be reasonably indiscriminate! I know from personal experience what a Hohne Battle run is like from the inside!

spacer.png

As far as the Gunner is concerned this is the safe side of the Gunners safety shield, despite the size of Conqueror, the crew positions were cramped.

spacer.png

There are just two sub assemblies to be fitted on the Turret turntable now, GCE and ready round bracket.

spacer.pngHopefully I can get the hull buttoned up today and hide all this for ever!

Ta for lookin` no G

Granto

• Like 5

Some more fots! Dry fit of the turret and hull top with the turntable fitted and the FCT interior dropped in as well!spacer.png

Gunners safety shield visible through the hatch, also .30 cal stowage for the FCT and CoAx.

spacer.png

Gunners sight and rangefinder visible, and part of the Mollins gear.

spacer.png

Turret turntable visible in this one! The breach of the 120mm will fill this void completely!

spacer.png

Radios! These sit on top of the .30 cal stowage rack visible in the previous image through the FCT opening.

spacer.png

FCT dropped in

spacer.png

FCT interior again and a nice view of the Gunners shield!

spacer.png

Even the Operators step is visible in this image through the top of the gunners safety shield! I`m Happy with that!!!

Right more shed!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

A few more jobs to strike off the list of things to do on the Big Old Girl!

spacer.png

I started  pottering around this morning and before I really thought about it I had fitted the main armament. I had been putting this off for ages, because once it`s in thats it as far as the internals go.

spacer.png

That's it, done, It`s now fixed in place, forever! Just the radio sets to slip in now!

spacer.png

The mantlet cover in the kit is a nasty DS rubber thing, so that went in the bin and I have started a milliput replacement. Next weekend I can add creases and seams and so forth to the basic infill, it will also help to hold the weight of the aluminium aftermarket gun barrel. The glacis plate will get some texture as well, not too much, I don't want to hide the weld lines I did at the outset.

spacer.png

Before I fit the bins on the track guards I need to make a bracket to support the drivers hatch when it is open and I also need to make the external handles for the internal fire extinguisher system. 

spacer.png 

There are four spare track links which are stowed on the track guards, on the actual vehicle they are held in place with two long bolts that go through the link with a plate on the end held with a nut, so I started fabrication of them and for good measure I drilled out the holes for the track pins.

So all in the Win column today so far!

Ta for lookin` no G

Granto

• Like 7