Fokker F.32, the Mighty Behemoth - Modified Execuform 1/72nd vacuform

11 hours ago, Moa said:

Heck, if I can complete a decent model, that would be something on itself.

I have seen/followed much of your work sir and I haven't seen a bad one yet, so carry on with your 'normal' build(s).

Stuart

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2020 at 2:38 AM, bigbadbadge said:

Watch out SR he also is in possession of the Marauders Map and knows exactly where you are !!! Fred and George are on their way to prank you. 

Chris

Not to worry. Space Rangers are always on alert, and the OrbitJet is ready for blast off at a moment's notice.

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Courageous said:

I have seen/followed much of your work sir and I haven't seen a bad one yet, so carry on with your 'normal' build(s).

My thoughts exactly, Chris! @Moa Your definition of 'decent' is the same as  'outstanding/incredible' where  the rest of us are concerned! I would be lucky to make a Fine Molds F.32 look like what you are making, much less practically scratchbuilding one! (Sometimes when I see such outstanding workmanship here on BM, I wish I had stuck with building and flying ukie stunters!) between you, Tony OT, Fuad,  Ridgerunner and the rest of the other resident 'experten,' there's not much incentive for me to come out of retirement! On a more serious note, I can't wait to see the RFI and your outstanding photography! 

Mike 

• Haha 1

On 8/15/2020 at 2:17 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Great interior work Moa, you are obsessed with Toilets !!!

Chris 

Yes, there's going to be a 1/72 toilet paper shortage soon, thanks to Moa!

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Yes we are going to have to stear him back to making small models from now on as we will struggle to cope with another shortage!!!!

• Haha 1

On 15/08/2020 at 20:03, Moa said:

A more populated cabin now:

More toilets...MORE TOILETS... MORE TOILETS !!!!

Sorry, I got carried away

IMG_1435+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Just how many Martians are you planning to cram into this thimg? I'm the only one on your planet and only have the bog standard two rectums.

2 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

And I thought that the world had recently overcome that particular shortage.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, Courageous said:

Stuart

2 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

Not to worry. Space Rangers are always on alert, and the OrbitJet is ready for blast off at a moment's notice.

2 hours ago, 72modeler said:

My thoughts exactly, Chris! @Moa Your definition of 'decent' is the same as  'outstanding/incredible' where  the rest of us are concerned! I would be lucky to make a Fine Molds F.32 look like what you are making, much less practically scratchbuilding one! (Sometimes when I see such outstanding workmanship here on BM, I wish I had stuck with building and flying ukie stunters!) between you, Tony OT, Fuad,  Ridgerunner and the rest of the other resident 'experten,' there's not much incentive for me to come out of retirement! On a more serious note, I can't wait to see the RFI and your outstanding photography! 

Mike 

1 hour ago, bigbadbadge said:

Yes we are going to have to stear him back to making small models from now on as we will struggle to cope with another shortage!!!!

Thank you gentlemen, very kind comments.

The kits, modeling supplies, tools, toilet rolls, Hollywood stars, platypus, Dismayland tickets, authentic Bay Watch sand grains and the rest that I promised you for leaving positive feedback are on their way.

• Haha 4

As I was listing before planes with a similar double tandem configuration (most of which experienced some kind of issue with the cooling of the the rear engines), I forgot this very elegant one, the Dornier DO K2 and K3:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/33QAAOSwEzJbHCO1/s-l1600.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-12984,_Berlin,_Gro

Bundesarchiv_Bild_102-12982,_Berlin,_Gro

This would be such an interesting project.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Moa said:

This would be such an interesting project.

No lie! That is a very elegant-looking airliner! I  can already see the obligatory 1/72 Moa 'badezimmer' in the aft cabin. It looks like a fairly large airplane, but pretty aerodynamic.

Mike

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 72modeler said:

No lie! That is a very elegant-looking airliner! I  can already see the obligatory 1/72 Moa 'badezimmer' in the aft cabin. It looks like a fairly large airplane, but pretty aerodynamic.

Mike

The Dornier Do K3 was a smaller plane, that curiously is a contemporary of the F.32 (1930/31), but could only carry 10 passengers, instead of the 30/32 that the Fokker could transport.

While Fokker's design was in effect and old idea made bigger in many respects, the Dornier was more modern in concept and appearance. The only machine was built in Switzerland.

Here is a NACA PDF for the curious, you can read it and/or download it:

https://ntrs.nasa.gov/citations/19930090266

Another image here:

https://www.e-pics.ethz.ch/index/ethbib.bildarchiv/ETHBIB.Bildarchiv_LBS_MH05-72-08_587413.html

It is also of note that the Consolidated Commodore, Curtiss Condor and Ford Trimotor were also contemporary, illustrating in a way the new and old tendencies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for posting the NACA circular on the Dornier K, I love reading those old reports!
And, this one includes a most critical detail:

”Access to the cockpit is attained through the passenger cabin, to the rear of which is a lobby, with the entrance on the left and a lavatory on the right side...”

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, billn53 said:

Access to the cockpit is attained through the passenger cabin, to the rear of which is a lobby, with the entrance on the left and a lavatory on the right side...”

That sounds like an Estate (Realty) Agent brochure! :) 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Moa said:

But of course! Not in vain we call our member @Martian "dishonorable discharge"😁

Better than being dishonorably discharged, which will be happening to a certain Shaolin Modelling Monk of this parish: from about four ligh years altitude from the gash shoot of Martian's Haunebu. :chair:

Vindictive of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

15 minutes ago, Martian said:

Better than being dishonorably discharged, which will be happening to a certain Shaolin Modelling Monk of this parish: from about four ligh years altitude from the gash shoot of Martian's Haunebu. :chair:

Vindictive of Mars 👽

I consider you by now one more of my relatives in England.

We shall meet (in thunder, lightning, or in rain? it seems to perfectly describe England's weather anyway) when we go visit.

Shall we say Oxford? No room-temperature beer, please, and single malt chaser, if you are so kind.

The pleasure will be all yours.

Edit: Once in Hawaii we met with a nice bunch of Australians also on vacations and we ended up doing after-dinner drinks. We, being the classy Monk and Consort we are, offered to pay for their drinks.

Never do that.

But I think we can safely invite you?

Edited by Moa
Edit addendum
  • Haha 5

27 minutes ago, Moa said:

I consider you by now one more of my relatives in England.

We shall meet (in thunder, lightning, or in rain? it seems to perfectly describe England's weather anyway) when we go visit.

Shall we say Oxford? No room-temperature beer, please, and single malt chaser, if you are so kind.

The pleasure will be all yours.

Oxford sounds good seeing as how I come from there and also have a half share in the old familly home there. Oxford also has some of the oldest pubs (at least two are pre-Norman Conquest) There we shall complete your education about British real ale, or at least pour the stuff down your throat until you agree that ale just under room temperature is the best way to serve it. Frankly, I am amazed that Mrs Moa, being, I understand, a Yorkshire lass has not dinned this into you already. Very disappointed in her!

When you say the pleasure will all be mine, I take that to mean I show you the best pubs and you get to pay for the beer? That would at least lower the altitude you get pushed from the Haunebu from four light years to four inches. Did I say that I am easily bribed? However, and I am surprised that @corsaircorp hasn't mentioed it already, you will need to bring sufficient cash to buy enough beer to flood the State of Texas.

Thirsty of Mars 👽

• Haha 7

29 minutes ago, Martian said:

Oxford sounds good seeing as how I come from there and also have a half share in the old familly home there. Oxford also has some of the oldest pubs (at least wo are pre-Norman Conquest) There we shall complete your education about British real ale, or at least pour the stuff down your throat until you agree that ale just under room temperature is the best way to serve it. Frankly, I am amazed that Mrs Moa, being, I understand, a Yorkshire lass has not dinned this into you already. Very disappointed in her!

When you say the pleasure will all be mine, I take that to mean I show you the best pubs and you get to pay for the beer? That would at least lower the altitude you get pushed from the Haunebu from four light years to four inches. Did I say that I am easily bribed? However, and I am surprised that @corsaircorp hasn't mentioed it already, you will need to bring sufficient cash to buy enough beer to flood the State of Texas.

Thirsty of Mars 👽

The cheek!

For your knowledge: I have spawn a brewer, my older son, who has won with his creations many prizes and praises!

2d1a6998-dae4-4842-a24c-04a8a0077d70.JPG

Only barbarous hyperboreans will drink room-temperature beer; oh, the mere thought!

Regarding footing the bill, the first rounds are on me. Then you can start to drink too.

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, Martian said:

Oxford sounds good seeing as how I come from there and also have a half share in the old familly home there. Oxford also has some of the oldest pubs (at least two are pre-Norman Conquest) There we shall complete your education about British real ale, or at least pour the stuff down your throat until you agree that ale just under room temperature is the best way to serve it. Frankly, I am amazed that Mrs Moa, being, I understand, a Yorkshire lass has not dinned this into you already. Very disappointed in her!

Thirsty of Mars 👽

Dear Sir !!

I will not dare to do so !! We are a bunch of Gentlemen enjoying Belgian specialities in a not so appropriated place....

I'll maybe have to bribe some if the quarantine rules last until November 21...

That can mean that lesser beverage will find a way to Telford...

May be if The Real @general melchett change the mind in the house of commons... This quarantine will be lifted !!

Without this perfid little bug, I would have be in U.K right now !!

Enjoying a Delirium Tremens with you Dear Alien !!

Disappointed CC

CC

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Moa said:

@Martian @corsaircorp

Did he say "light beers?"

I though there was supposed to be a swearing ban on Britmodeller. MIKE!

14 hours ago, Moa said:

The cheek!

For your knowledge: I have spawn a brewer, my older son, who has won with his creations many prizes and praises!

2d1a6998-dae4-4842-a24c-04a8a0077d70.JPG

Only barbarous hyperboreans will drink room-temperature beer; oh, the mere thought!

Regarding footing the bill, the first rounds are on me. Then you can start to drink too.

Clearly I need to have a serious chat with Mrs Moa, she is failing abysmally in her duty to Queen and Country! I can't comment on your son's brewing talents as samples (free, Martians for the consumption of) have been conspicuous by their absence in arriving at Martian Towers.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4