Fokker F.32, the Mighty Behemoth - Modified Execuform 1/72nd vacuform

The work with the Aztek spatter nozzle did not come out exactly as I hoped.

The "grain" is vary variable, and there is much dependence on dilution and pressure:

IMG_1840+%25281280x959%2529.jpg

Still, a somewhat credible representation of pattern on fabric was attained. I think an old brush or toothpick can do an equal or better job. This nozzle may do well representing mud splatter and such, but not fine work:

IMG_1840b+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Spatters never good. I’ve had some success with rb designs wood grain photoetched masks to replicate plywood. Dry brushing s good for fabrics. Otherwise it’s out with the oil paints and a very fine brush.

Edited by Marklo

21 hours ago, Moa said:

The work with the Aztek spatter nozzle did not come out exactly as I hoped.

The "grain" is vary variable, and there is much dependence on dilution and pressure:

IMG_1840+%25281280x959%2529.jpg

Still, a somewhat credible representation of pattern on fabric was attained. I think an old brush or toothpick can do an equal or better job. This nozzle may do well representing mud splatter and such, but not fine work:

Well, that is disappointing (the nozzle, not your work). Not what I expected to see. I have at least one of those nozzles, too.

Just now, Space Ranger said:

Well, that is disappointing (the nozzle, not your work). Not what I expected to see. I have at least one of those nozzles, too.

Yes it is, but to be fair the nozzle may produce effects that are useful in other ways.

Two recent scenarios come to mind: the dishonorable discharge tube on the belly of the Ford trimotor, and the unforeseeable consequences of flying inverted for planes with restrooms .

You made me write that.

• Haha 5

Now that the Ford trimotor is on final approach, attention turns to this one.

I am now marking and drilling the holes for landing lights and control cables.

Following the Martian saying that states "Measure once, drill twice", I botched the location of one of the holes, had to plug it with styrene and then cut if off :

IMG_1874+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

I tried my new blade from the Airwaves set which proved to be extraordinarily flimsy:

IMG_1875+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Eventually the job was done, straightening the blade again and again:

IMG_1876+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_1877+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Metal control horns are inserted into the ailerons. These, following photos, are receding a bit from the aileron leading edge.

Control cable outlets are located way ahead under the wing, close to the leading edge, but very close to the aileron on top, so this detail has to be replicated accordingly:

IMG_1878+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, Bengalensis said:

Nice to see progress on this beast moving on. Good work.

Thanks Jörgen.

Progress on this one is slow, as there is no path traced.

Every bit has to be invented.

Here the ailerons have been glued, and the fuel tanks on the wing engraved. The trimotor is small in comparison, and that makes for an interesting handling too.

IMG_1879+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 12

Welcome to the club, although I’m feeling quietly confidant about my Taube at the moment :) . If I ever find my Taube book I’m going to attempt one of those crazy biplane Taubes 

50402863902_bfdc3f49b4_c.jpg

oh lord somebody stop me...

Edited by Marklo
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...