Fokker F.32, the Mighty Behemoth - Modified Execuform 1/72nd vacuform

7 hours ago, Moa said:

@Martian @corsaircorp

Did he say "light beers?"

Despicable! we have enough of that p.ss here in the US.

What ?? Light beers ??? Holy cow ! That's an heresy !! To burn !! To burn !!

3 hours ago, Martian said:

Quite but just try me!

Martian 👽

Cunning plan Dear Martian !!

You really deserve your "Beer Monster" award !!

CC

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

I see that your contour gauge is made in USA, so it probably works much better than my imported one--which I've just started to use.

As a norm I try to avoid stuff made in china -which is not easy these times- as the quality in most cases is dismal.

But if you pursue a US made one, be sure you don't buy the "President" model -it comes only in orange color- as it is a total mess, utterly useless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, Moa said:

Hi Chris

I use an OLFA P. cutter 450. It has a "hook" blade that can be used to lightly engrave surfaces. The more pressure, or the more passes, the deeper and wider the furrow.

Hi Moa

Ahh yes I use one also, they are good and make a neat pass.  For some reason I thought you would have used a needle in a pin vice, I use this too but a bit more work than the P cutter.  

With the long lines and scribing of a complete model I can certainly see why you would use the P cutter. Great work fella .

Chris 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Holy interior details Batman.  They look great Moa I see you are becoming obsessed with typewriters as well as toilets now!!!

They look good as does all the cabin furniture. 

Great work

Chris 

Since I don't do resin copies of anything, and it's not really much more work to make several at the time whilst you got the hand at them, I plan for the future.

Thus I don't have to re-invent my own wheels every time.

• Like 4

Furniture is painted in different colors and hues, following what I can surmise from sources. Some of these had a decorative pattern, and my idea is to use the spatter nozzles from the Aztek airbrush, which I have never, ever tried before -or found a use for- to do that, combined with hand-applied details. Nothing to go crazy about, just to add sprinkles of color here and there. We will see:

IMG_1832+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 12

That we are mercilessly lied to by companies and their advertising agencies or departments is nothing new.

A grim grin, a bitter rictus, invariably graces my face as I watch the safety briefing clip on the plane's screen. The wonderful, luxurious, ample habitat described in the safety clip has nothing to do with the reality I am immersed in. Even when our hard earned points bestow a first class seat under us. Not even then.

Look at this Western Airlines ad, that boasts over their "First Class" Fokker F.32 and spins some BS around it.

Well, this is of course Anthony Fokker personal plane, the one I am modeling, what we would call today a luxurious executive conversion, a one-off, that had nothing to do with the series planes that the airline had, which had the normal seating seen in many cabin photos.

Fokker+interior-1.jpg

• Like 6

On 9/14/2020 at 6:12 PM, EDCS87 said:

Love this update. There's something very therapeutic about scratch-building!

This reminds me of the story about the patient of a psychiatrist who kept banging his head against a wall. When the doctor asked him why he did it, he replied, "Because it feels so much better when I stop." Scratch-building can be therapeutic like that!

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looking forward to seeing the upholstery effects on the furniture. 

Chris 

Me, too. Like Moa, I have a spatter nozzle for my Aztek airbrush but have never used it, not even for (dare i say it?) camouflage of the German air arm that must not be named.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2