Indian Air Force MiG-21 colour query.

Simple question I hope for the Fishbed fans. Want to do a 24 Squadron bis, in the Dk Green/Dk Brown/Tan over Grey (??) scheme I found on the web (here). Unfortunately I cannot find what colour would be appropriate for those machines (IPMS Stockholm and The World Wars.net). Did the IAF use Soviet paints, their own, BS381c? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Nice scheme!

Quite sure IAF fainted those jets, and used Indian/ RAF colors...

Search for photos and eyeball the rest!

Sure they faded and detoriated quickly also!

I've managed to stumble on something from many years ago on BM, basically they were supplied by the USSR in their paint, and they were repainted at the squadron level by whatever they could lay their hands on available locally. So have some scope to be slightly creative I think, a quick rummage through my paint drawer of mystery yielded VMC 70.913 (Yellow Ochre), 70.872 (Chocolate Brown), 70.979 (German Camo Dark Green) and VMA 71.257 (RLM 76). Might swap the RLM 76 out for a light grey, or something else, possibly, FS35237?  Hoping to get some confirmation to be honest, there's not much out there besides what Eduard put in their instructions, and they suggest RAF WW2 Interior Grey Green for the underside?   

I understand...

The yellow in the Hawks emblem is a good reference..

The camo yellow/ sand is definitely more brown..it is in the same lighting conditions...

Take care though, the ohitis is taken un very bright sunlight...

Looking at what's available locally, think this might be close to the sand colour?

Then VMA 71.332 for the underside, VMC 70.979 for the dark green and VMC 70.872  for the dark brown patch around the cockpit, maybe with some dark grey added 🤔.