Macchi 202 Series III No. 7720

13 minutes ago, DaveH said:

That does look very good... I like the wing 'n panel swap, definitely different....

Cheers 

Dave

You have good eyes. Until you mentioned it, I totally missed it. Shame on me. A very nicely done model. 

9 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

I think that it will rise the interest of @giemme

Indeed! This is an excellent rendition of the Folgore! :clap:  :worthy:  

This same camo scheme was my first attempt at modelling the C202 (I had the dedicated Hasegawa box for it); it turned out rubbish, though, and it's been long converted into a paint mule.

I used SBS resin cockpit sets in my latest C202 and C205 builds, they are just lovely :thumbsup2:

Could you please show a pic of the underside with the undercarriage bay, so as to see  Eduard's resin well?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you paint the camouflage? Airbrush freehand? With masks? By Brush?

It's the cleanest camo painting I've ever seen on a Macchi this size, KUDOS! :worthy:

Ciao

• Like 3

1 hour ago, giemme said:

Also, if you don't mind me asking, how did you paint the camouflage? Airbrush freehand? With masks? By Brush?

It's the cleanest camo painting I've ever seen on a Macchi this size, KUDOS! :worthy:

I'll let Giorgio write my lines on this one, :)totally agree too, sublime paint work. :)

Steve.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, giemme said:

Could you please show a pic of the underside with the undercarriage bay, so as to see  Eduard's resin well?

Ciao

Hi Giemme,

I have a photo of the bay while the kit was in the building stage.....hope you see there how it is. Can take some more photos of the finished model from the underside tomorrow if needed.

DSC-9998.jpg

I must admit that the smoke rings are decals from Mike Grant. Didn't have the courage to paint them free hand because I love this scheme. The rest of camouflage was sprayed freehand. Again with MRP paints, they really spray beautifully.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jovapad said:

I have a photo of the bay while the kit was in the building stage.....hope you see there how it is.

That is perfect, thank you! It looks suitably busy (just like the real AC) and you paint job is impeccable here too :clap: 

18 hours ago, jovapad said:

I must admit that the smoke rings are decals from Mike Grant. Didn't have the courage to paint them free hand because I love this scheme. The rest of camouflage was sprayed freehand. Again with MRP paints, they really spray beautifully.

That doesn't detract a bit from your result, the rest of the camo is also outstanding - plus I hate decals, so you have all my admiration for laying those smoke rings down so effectively :worthy: 

Ciao

• Like 1