P-51 Mustang "Nooky Booky IV"

All know about Eduards P-51s. Rather troublesome build, few minor things caused by myself. Built as Kit Carsons Nooky Booky IV.

Alclad metalics, Gunze paints and Eaglecals decals.

My Bad, should be in RFI

spacer.png

DSC-0107.jpg

DSC-0110.jpg

DSC-0112.jpg

Edited by jovapad
  • Like 36

Very nice model! Nooky Booky IV, flown by Major Leonard 'Kit' Carson, has always been one of my favorite Mustangs. I'm betting you knew that IV was a P-51K-5NT, not a P-51D, as evidenced by the cuffless Aeroproducts prop. K-5 serials ran from 44-11553 to 44-11952.

Mike

• Thanks 1

Spot on. I like it when a wartime workhorse in NMF doesn't look too shiny.

👍

Pondering recently what kit to buy to add to the Tam and Airfix Mustangs already in my stash and which one to build first. Looking at the instructions of the Eduard kit, I found it a bit over the top for me: many small bits and intricate wheel well assembly (I don't feel at ease with their plastic and so I usually break and/or lose small parts of Eduard kits). Anything to take special care of?

Edit: finally I ordered the Airfix kit. Incidentally the Swedish AF J-26/Mustang I'm planning to build was also a Leiston based bird. It was formerly P-51D-5 NA "Mary Ann", same FG as yours but squadron 364. 

• Like 1

Lovely job indeed. For info here is Leiston, photo taken yesterday from an A320 heading east. Sizewell nuclear power station on the coast, the airfield is inland from that and you can still see the cross of the runways.

resized_2893e9df-fde9-4b43-b094-bfe40f6d

Justin

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 3:51 AM, Scooby said:

Very nice, may I ask what you found troublesome on the Eduard kit?

The fit of the gun inserts needs some fitting and putty. Also the fit of the wings and fuselage on the underside is a bit troublesome, but nothing extremely hard to fix. if you got the impression there is something really bad from my writing, sorry, it must be my english 😀

That looks great, I am currently at the painting stage with 2 of the Eduard kits so hope mine turn out as nice.

I agree that there are some areas where you need to pay attention and the gun inserts needed faired in on both of mine. I found the fuselage seam along the bottom of the radiator air intake was a real pain to remove too, a bit of a step there especially on my first one. Still a great kit though and one I would make more of.

Duncan B